• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Toggle switch tip to 2018 60’s Reissue

Mats A

My guitar Case fell over and when i opened it the pickup toggle switch tip had broke. I wonder what is the correct part fnumber rom Gibson for that amber plastic tip to my 2018 Historic 1960’s Les Paul Reissue. My guitar case has fallen many times but this has never happened before.

Texas Blues

My guitar Case fell over and when i opened it the pickup toggle switch tip had broke. I wonder what is the correct part fnumber rom Gibson for that amber plastic tip to my 2018 Historic 1960’s Les Paul Reissue. My guitar case has fallen many times but this has never happened before.

That sucks.

Is your guitar case a drunk irishman?

Why not contact Gibson for a replacement?

DANELECTRO

I had the same thing happen to my 2017 R8 at gig a few weeks ago. The guitar case was resting on the floor as you would normally set one down, and then it got bumped and fell on the top. When I opened the case, the switch tip was in four pieces. It wasn't a hard fall at all. I wonder if the current tips are more brittle.

iknowpeanuts

I had the same thing happen to my 2017 R8 at gig a few weeks ago. The guitar case was resting on the floor as you would normally set one down, and then it got bumped and fell on the top. When I opened the case, the switch tip was in four pieces. It wasn't a hard fall at all. I wonder if the current tips are more brittle.

thought it has been like this all along and same reason why the guitars are always shipped with the tips unscrewed

Mats A

Yes i unloaded the guitar from my car and put it on the ground. Then it fell over and when i got to the rehearsal and opened the case the tip was in pieces. Maybe they are more brittle it has never happened to me before.

DANELECTRO

For now, I swiped a tip from a Historic that I don't play very often and put it onto this 2017 R8, which happens to be one of my favorite guitars. I super-glued the broken pieces back together and screwed the tip onto the donor guitar. I'll have to find out who makes good looking tips. The parts I saw on Reverb, eBay and Amazon looked a bit cheap-ish.

dowhatthouwilt

Gibson started using the original material for their switch tips (catalin) which is notoriously brittle. Like the rest of the true historic parts they aren't for sale but Gibson might send you one if you send them a message.

Big Al

Jeeze Loueze, Mats!

How many times have you dropped or knocked over your case with the guitar inside? Over 40 years it' not happened too me. LAY IT FLAT!!!!

Although I keep my guitar safe in the case, the very first time I went to take out my first, [and favourite R9], Historic from the case, the damn lid fell down and gave it a serious latch bite! OUCH!!! So much for being careful.

I'd contact Gibson Service as Dowhatthouwilt posted. I have plenty of plastic amber tips and would send you one, but they are not the same material. PM me if you want.

.... and Mats, LAY IT FLAT!!!

Don

This happened to my Les Paul several years ago. Imagine shipping a guitar this way and having the shards of plastic scratch the heck out of the guitar!

CatManDoo88

For now, I swiped a tip from a Historic that I don't play very often and put it onto this 2017 R8, which happens to be one of my favorite guitars. I super-glued the broken pieces back together and screwed the tip onto the donor guitar. I'll have to find out who makes good looking tips. The parts I saw on Reverb, eBay and Amazon looked a bit cheap-ish.

CreamTone and Historic Makeovers both make excellent reproduction switch tips if you can't get a replacement from Gibson.

https://www.creamtone.com/collectio...h-amber-toggle-switch-tip-for-gibson-les-paul

https://historicmakeovers.com/product/catalin-bakelite-switch-tip/