• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Future/Direction of Rock

KevinPlaysGuitar

Curious to get peoples thoughts on what the situation of rock music will be in the next 5, 10, 20 years. All the old classic rock groups are passing away, and the only "new" people on the radio playing guitar, bass, and drums are holdovers from the 90's. At some point there's gonna have to be some new bands coming up to replace these guys. Do you see rock making a resurgence in mainstream music? If so what's it gonna take for that to happen? What kind of sound do we need to still kick ass but also make the casual listener want to sing along?

Or is rock gonna forever be on its current path and basically end up like jazz where its written by rockers, for rockers, and the only people in the audience are all musicians?

Interested to see what people's opinions are on here.

Texas Blues

The future of rock?

Learn 3 chords.

Play loud.

We've heard this jive before.

ourmaninthenorth

Music is a lived experience.

Whilst the listener is alive, so is the music.

There is so much of it left to hear.

I hope I'm dead before I'm finished.

SpencerD

Tonight,not far from where you live some people are rocking out like motherfuckers. Everywhere --- All The Time!:dude::yah:peace2

jb_abides

Don't confuse music business focus with cultural impact or musical longevity.

Rock will become like Blues, ever-present but perhaps not in vogue with pop culture or music sales (whatever that evolves into, if anything).

Long Live Rock, I need it every night :salude