• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

’67 SG ABR bridge facing the “wrong” way

Davidos

Moved from another forum:
I have a new to me '67 SG Standard. One thing I have noticed is that the ABR slot screws are facing the Maestro. Googling the same guitar I see a mix of pics where the bridge is facing the pickups and also facing the tailpiece.

Right now - facing the tailpiece - the strings are resting on the adjustment screw heads. Is there any benefit to flipping the bridge the other "correct" direction? I'm asking because I will have to take each saddle out and flip them, etc.

El Gringo

My 2 cents is yes it is a pain in the a@@ to flip them around but you should do it because it will drive you nuts seeing the wrong way . The reward will far outweight the pain in the neck

Davidos

My 2 cents is yes it is a pain in the a@@ to flip them around but you should do it because it will drive you nuts seeing the wrong way . The reward will far outweight the pain in the neck

Thx! I did just that... a little tricky with the old Nylon saddles... but the strings are clear of the screws now.

bridge-1.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]