• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Double Ring Klusons for R0

Tommy Tourbus

Can the double ring tuners Gibson is puting on their R0's be purchased anywhere? The Klusons that are for sale everywhere are not correct as they have the domed posts. The ones they make for Gibson have flat posts and I have not been able to find them for sale anywhere. Anyone know of a source?

deytookerjaabs

No idea but good luck in your search. My Sam Ash sells "Historic" parts and currently an on clearance historic stop bar with studs is discounted to a mere $150+tax :rolleyes

I'll check the tuners next time I'm in there.

Tommy Tourbus

Throback and Creamtone sell them but only in 'aged'. Need them non-aged for my '61 LP/SG Historic

Tommy Tourbus

Those both look like they're maybe correct, but they don't show pics of the posts. They make them with both domed and flat tops, and it's unclear which are being sold there. Flat tops are the correct ones.

Gold Tone

The ones posted from eBay are domed. WD doesn’t show that view, suspiciously. I spoke with WD seveyyears ago, just after they redesigned the entire Kluson line. They got it almost right except for two things: posts are still domed, bushings are flat not slanted as they should be. They were pissed at me for bringing it up, said “we were lent vintage correct parts by RS guitar, these are correct!”. The conversation ended there

WD has rights for Kluson in US, not Europe. The US Kluson are made by Ping in Korea

You can buy Kluson brand from Europe. These are not WD parts...they are made by Gotoh in Japan and have ALL the correct details. Germany has them

Tommy Tourbus

The ones posted from eBay are domed. WD doesn’t show that view, suspiciously. I spoke with WD seveyyears ago, just after they redesigned the entire Kluson line. They got it almost right except for two things: posts are still domed, bushings are flat not slanted as they should be. They were pissed at me for bringing it up, said “we were lent vintage correct parts by RS guitar, these are correct!”. The conversation ended there

WD has rights for Kluson in US, not Europe. The US Kluson are made by Ping in Korea

You can buy Kluson brand from Europe. These are not WD parts...they are made by Gotoh in Japan and have ALL the correct details. Germany has them

Sweet! Is there a German source you would recommend?

none2low

So the single line, double ring, are still domed?

I have 2 sets of single line, single ring and a set of single line 3 on a plate, that are all flat.

Could they have changed in the last year or so?

I know it's not what you're looking for but it looks like the double line, double ring are flat now as well.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Out of curiosity, I looked at the new Kluson tuners [from WD] that I have in stock in my store.
The set you ask for has a flat top to the post, not domed. :wah

none2low

Out of curiosity, I looked at the new Kluson tuners [from WD] that I have in stock in my store.
The set you ask for has a flat top to the post, not domed. :wah

Thanks for confirmation on that. I was pretty sure the set I linked had flat tops, but you can never be too sure. Now if they could only get the ferrules correct... :hmm

To the OP, it's probably best to double check with the seller to confirm which set they will be sending, so no surprises.

wulfthar

Interesting thread, for my 2007 R0 I finally bought a set of single line double ring WD Kluson...I hope they are more historically correct than the gibson deluxe on the guitar.

I already had a good experience with WD as I ordered a set for my Southern Jumbo, they work and look great.

BurstPipe

I wanted some for my 07 67 Custom Shop V Reissue, and I wanted new current production ones. I kept a permanent EBay search active and got some for $50 one day. Must have taken about a year though!

dcdefend

In my experience the tuners that come on an R0 say Gibson Deluxe on the back whereas all Klusons you find say Kluson Deluxe. Gibson sells Historic R9 tuners (single ring) that say Gibson Deluxe. Why Gibson does not sell replacement R0s has always been a mystery to me. I know of no one that sells single line double ring tuners that say Gibson Deluxe on the back.

wulfthar

In my experience the tuners that come on an R0 say Gibson Deluxe on the back whereas all Klusons you find say Kluson Deluxe. Gibson sells Historic R9 tuners (single ring) that say Gibson Deluxe. Why Gibson does not sell replacement R0s has always been a mystery to me. I know of no one that sells single line double ring tuners that say Gibson Deluxe on the back.

I wouldn´t mind it as "gibson deluxe" is not historically correct, they should be single line:

vqsmd2lhpfrzkrdz5oi4.jpg

Even the late double line said "Kluson deluxe".