The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Double Ring Klusons for R0

Can the double ring tuners Gibson is puting on their R0's be purchased anywhere? The Klusons that are for sale everywhere are not correct as they have the domed posts. The ones they make for Gibson have flat posts and I have not been able to find them for sale anywhere. Anyone know of a source?
    My Gibsons: 2018 '57 Les Paul Custom Historic, 2018 '59 LP Historic, 2018 '58 LP Jr Historic, 2018 LP/SG Historic, 2016 '63 Firebird I Historic, 2016 Johnny A, 2015 '64 Firebird III Historic, 2015 '67 Flying V Historic, 2011 '59 ES-335 Wrap-Tail Historic, 2011 '60 LP Special Historic
    Quote Originally Posted by 82 Silverburst View Post
    What I see on this forum more and more is akin to little girls playing dress up with their dolls, getting them ready for some tea party.

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Re: Double Ring Klusons for R0

No idea but good luck in your search. My Sam Ash sells "Historic" parts and currently an on clearance historic stop bar with studs is discounted to a mere $150+tax

I'll check the tuners next time I'm in there.

Throback and Creamtone sell them but only in 'aged'. Need them non-aged for my '61 LP/SG Historic
    My Gibsons: 2018 '57 Les Paul Custom Historic, 2018 '59 LP Historic, 2018 '58 LP Jr Historic, 2018 LP/SG Historic, 2016 '63 Firebird I Historic, 2016 Johnny A, 2015 '64 Firebird III Historic, 2015 '67 Flying V Historic, 2011 '59 ES-335 Wrap-Tail Historic, 2011 '60 LP Special Historic
    What I see on this forum more and more is akin to little girls playing dress up with their dolls, getting them ready for some tea party.

Les Paul Forum Member

I did a little Google search and found these on Stew Mac https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and...ref_currency=D Let me know if these will work ?

I believe these are the ones you're looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kluson-Delu...UAAOSwhpZaG9Lr

Those both look like they're maybe correct, but they don't show pics of the posts. They make them with both domed and flat tops, and it's unclear which are being sold there. Flat tops are the correct ones.

Les Paul Forum Member Gold Tone's Avatar

The ones posted from eBay are domed. WD doesn’t show that view, suspiciously. I spoke with WD seveyyears ago, just after they redesigned the entire Kluson line. They got it almost right except for two things: posts are still domed, bushings are flat not slanted as they should be. They were pissed at me for bringing it up, said “we were lent vintage correct parts by RS guitar, these are correct!”. The conversation ended there

WD has rights for Kluson in US, not Europe. The US Kluson are made by Ping in Korea

You can buy Kluson brand from Europe. These are not WD parts...they are made by Gotoh in Japan and have ALL the correct details. Germany has them

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Tone View Post
    The ones posted from eBay are domed. WD doesn’t show that view, suspiciously. I spoke with WD seveyyears ago, just after they redesigned the entire Kluson line. They got it almost right except for two things: posts are still domed, bushings are flat not slanted as they should be. They were pissed at me for bringing it up, said “we were lent vintage correct parts by RS guitar, these are correct!”. The conversation ended there

WD has rights for Kluson in US, not Europe. The US Kluson are made by Ping in Korea

You can buy Kluson brand from Europe. These are not WD parts...they are made by Gotoh in Japan and have ALL the correct details. Germany has them
    Sweet! Is there a German source you would recommend?

So the single line, double ring, are still domed?

I have 2 sets of single line, single ring and a set of single line 3 on a plate, that are all flat.

Could they have changed in the last year or so?

I know it's not what you're looking for but it looks like the double line, double ring are flat now as well.

They are on the guitars, we're talking about the Kluson tuners that are sold separately

sweet thanks!

You bet!

Cheers!

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar

Out of curiosity, I looked at the new Kluson tuners [from WD] that I have in stock in my store.
    The set you ask for has a flat top to the post, not domed.
    Pauls to the walls!

Hüter der Flammen!

PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    Out of curiosity, I looked at the new Kluson tuners [from WD] that I have in stock in my store.
    The set you ask for has a flat top to the post, not domed.
    Thanks for confirmation on that. I was pretty sure the set I linked had flat tops, but you can never be too sure. Now if they could only get the ferrules correct...

To the OP, it's probably best to double check with the seller to confirm which set they will be sending, so no surprises.

Thanks for the info Tom