• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

÷ 13 JRT 9/15 - No Sound

Alrod

I was practicing the other day and noticed that my ÷ 13 JRT 9/15 amp's volume dropped significantly. Yesterday I turned it on and there was no sound at all.

Please note that the amp has a toggle switch (dual mode), that provides a selection of either 9+ Watts with 2x 6V6 tubes, or 15+ Watts with 2x EL84 tubes thus the name JRT 9/15.

Here is the troubleshooting I performed:

- Swapped guitar cable to make sure it wasn't the cable
- Checked the fuses - fuses were ok
- Checked the speaker connection - connection ok
- Looked at the tubes and notice that a rectifier and an EL84 tube were not glowing. I swapped the tubes in the corrisponding sockets and the tubes were fine.

Next, I called Fredric Taccone from ÷ 13. In addition to the steps I already tried, he suggesting swapping out the 12ax7 preamp tube. No luck their either.

Before I send this into the shop, is there anything else you can recommend trying?

thejaf

I was practicing the other day and noticed that my ÷ 13 JRT 9/15 amp's volume dropped significantly. Yesterday I turned it on and there was no sound at all.

Please note that the amp has a toggle switch (dual mode), that provides a selection of either 9+ Watts with 2x 6V6 tubes, or 15+ Watts with 2x EL84 tubes thus the name JRT 9/15.

Here is the troubleshooting I performed:

- Swapped guitar cable to make sure it wasn't the cable
- Checked the fuses - fuses were ok
- Checked the speaker connection - connection ok
- Looked at the tubes and notice that a rectifier and an EL84 tube were not glowing. I swapped the tubes in the corrisponding sockets and the tubes were fine.

Next, I called Fredric Taccone from ÷ 13. In addition to the steps I already tried, he suggesting swapping out the 12ax7 preamp tube. No luck their either.

Before I send this into the shop, is there anything else you can recommend trying?

No, send it off. Not to be doom & gloom, but sounds to me (no pun intended) from your description that it could be power transformer failure.