• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anybody recognize this carbon fiber Les Paul case?

hogy

I think this marginally belongs in this subforum, but if not, please move it to a more appropriate section.

Here's a case for a Les Paul belonging to a fellow forum member. I'm trying to identify it.

It's an oddly banana shaped carbon fiber case I think is really cool. It's very light and sturdy.
The owner of the case doesn't know who makes it. A google image search for "carbon fiber guitar case" brings up nothing similar. There are no manufacturer markings on the case that I can find.

A Les Paul fits very nicely inside, and I really like the way the neck is supported up near the headstock. The odd shape gives some room for storage. This has always been my issue with the Calton style form fit cases, or Gibson "chain saw" cases, you can't even fit a strap in there, let alone a guitar cord.

Anybody know who makes this thing? I really want to buy one.

2nYA8qS.jpg

egn25cG.jpg

hogy

Looks like there are a couple of US dealers...

https://www.accordcase.com/contact

I talked to both. One didn't even know how much the case costs, and very clearly had never seen one. She was kind enough to refer me to the other dealer, who also didn't have a case. He told me to fill out the spec sheet on the case manufacturer's site, and he'd order a case from me. At which point I can do the same directly from the manufacturer, at a better price.

cjp54

Accord Case Dimensions.jpg

I emailed for a quote for a Les Paul Case. Here's the response. Right around $1385 US. - 10%. Not including croatian VAT (Whatever that might be). Looks like you'd need a few more dimensions for a Les Paul.

"for next few day we have 10% off for all cases, so the price for ultralight guitar case without croatian VAT is 972 eur + shipping to the nearest airport 280 eur
You could choose any colour from international RAL list or some of our 3d colours and for interior you could choose between red, black, blue, silver and burgundy velvet.

Attached you find measurement form for electric guitar, if you decide to order, please fill it and send me back.
Production time is approximately 4 weeks.

Payment is in advance, after your confirmation I could proceed with your order.

best regards,
Tamara"

tooold

View attachment 10544

I emailed for a quote for a Les Paul Case. Here's the response. Right around $1385 US. - 10%. Not including croatian VAT (Whatever that might be). Looks like you'd need a few more dimensions for a Les Paul.

"for next few day we have 10% off for all cases, so the price for ultralight guitar case without croatian VAT is 972 eur + shipping to the nearest airport 280 eur
You could choose any colour from international RAL list or some of our 3d colours and for interior you could choose between red, black, blue, silver and burgundy velvet.

Attached you find measurement form for electric guitar, if you decide to order, please fill it and send me back.
Production time is approximately 4 weeks.

Payment is in advance, after your confirmation I could proceed with your order.

best regards,
Tamara"

You wouldn't pay VAT because it's being sold outside Croatia. And you could probably get them to ship it less expensively. Cool case.

deytookerjaabs

Kind of funky, the weight must be nice.

But, as for carbon fiber, I thought the book on it was that when in structure (as opposed to a flat sheet) it doesn't give too much then once it hits breaking point the stuff just shatters. It seems to me a great flight case would be a material with some give to it as the weight is piled on. However, if this can handle a few tons I suppose it's a different story.

jtees4

Kind of funky, the weight must be nice.

But, as for carbon fiber, I thought the book on it was that when in structure (as opposed to a flat sheet) it doesn't give too much then once it hits breaking point the stuff just shatters. It seems to me a great flight case would be a material with some give to it as the weight is piled on. However, if this can handle a few tons I suppose it's a different story.

True as far as it shattering, and makes very small shards too.....BUT very very strong. It takes a lot to shatter it. I watch formula1 racing and it really takes a beating. A man can easily strand on the carbon fiber wings which are very thin, so it does take a lot of force to break. It's stronger than steel, while being MUCH lighter.

GreenBurst

True as far as it shattering, and makes very small shards too.....BUT very very strong. It takes a lot to shatter it. I watch formula1 racing and it really takes a beating. A man can easily strand on the carbon fiber wings which are very thin, so it does take a lot of force to break. It's stronger than steel, while being MUCH lighter.

A good example is a carbon fiber hockey stick. Will last much much longer than a traditional wood stick but then will eventually break without warning.

Carbon fiber benefits are strength and low weight. A light guitar case is a good benefit.

I don't see any scenario where a carbon fiber guitar case is at risk for exposure to high enough stress to shatter. A situation like that would be fatal with a traditional guitar case anyway.

These cases are more common with orchestra instruments. Owners have a greater tendency to pony up the cash. Electric guitarists are too preoccupied with amps and pedals.

hogy

In general. I find wonderfully protective cases for my Bursts at fractions of that price.

I'm with you on the price. But my issue with something like a chainsaw case (or an expensive Calton, for that matter) is that I can't even fit a leather strap in it besides the guitar. I'm looking for a good case that can hold guitar, bulky strap, guitar chord and maybe a few packs of strings.

Any ideas?

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I have a terrible addiction to weird and interesting cases, and I like to pair certain guitars with certain cases, etc. Yeah, I know--it's weird (but harmless :spabout)

I'm open to new approaches, but this design doesn't seem to add up. It's completely unclear how the banana shape does a better job of protecting the guitar than a conventional, longitudinal style. The company's other instrument cases are traditionally designed, so why make the guitar design like that? I can accept a large amount of marketing bullshido, but I think they've wandered off into the Croatian weeds with this one...