• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

is there a burst in the martin guitar factory museum?

wsaraceni

There is a display in the martin factory with all the vintage acoustics. in the 50s and 60s section of acoustic there are a few electrics in the case with them. I didn't have enough time before my tour started to check closely but anyone know if its a real burst? would be kinda weird to put a reissue in with a display of real guitars from the 50s and 60s in there.

jrgtr42

The Big 3 of American guitar building of the 50s and 60s... (and arguably today as well; though PRS may be a 3a there too.)

Grandturk

I wonder if it was in there last summer when I visited the factory. I would have thought I would remember it. I looked through my pics from the tour - no luck. Very cool. I can’t imagine they would have a real one - but if it’s part of their collection that’s very cool. Many times for these types of displays they will use replicas and a historic reissue would be just fine for that.