• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Would you buy a Gibson with a repaired headstock?

Dave P

A friend of mine has played apx 5000 gigs on a Les Paul had has had the headstock broken 3 times (in different places), it still plays and sounds great.

AA00475Bassman

When I am buying a vintage instrument I want a dead mint 100% original instrument , including untouched solder joints . To think of wasting money on a broken/repaired headstock for me would be throwing my Drachmas away and a terribile waste of money .
+1

maxwedge

I have 2 with broken head stocks, a 30's L-30 that I inherited from my grandmother and a 60 EMS-1235 that I bought in the 80's. I doubt that I would ever sell these two, for different reasons.
Would I buy one now? I doubt it unless it was special. A low price doesn't even get me going and still resale is a pain if I don't jive with it.