• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Original Collection GT w/P90s

blauserk

2019 Original Collection GT with P90s...9.5 lbs, pleked, 59ish neck, nice medium to dark rosewood board and sounds terrific. Payed under 2k shipped to my front door, IMO these are a big win for Gibson.

tPslveFl.jpg

OK, I'll take it as a given that the guitar is cool. But the thing I can't get past is the awesome collection of Calton touring cases!

maplebaby

It really is. Simple install, no drilling holes and 100% reversible. I like Bigsby's and know how to use 'em. Vibramate unleashed my wigglestick tendencies!

thanks for the info..seriously going to check it out. I also think the ascetic of a Les Paul w/Bigsby is very cool. I thought it was a cool bit of guitar gear info that Ted McCarty after leaving Gibson bought the Bigsby Corp and owned it until his death. I had the privilege to meet Mr. McCarty and was so impressed by his humility. What a legacy he leaves behind.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Nice GT... Enjoy... :salude

I agree that this series is a big win for Gibson, and anyone who wants a particular model that they might not buy at Custom Shop prices. For me, that would be an Explorer, which I'm seriously considering... :salude

maplebaby

Nice GT... Enjoy... :salude

I agree that this series is a big win for Gibson, and anyone who wants a particular model that they might not buy at Custom Shop prices. For me, that would be an Explorer, which I'm seriously considering... :salude

I wanted a gold top, which i haven't had for about 20 years or more, and these were in a price i could justify and the guitar passed my expectations.

I've never owned an Explorer...i can do without a V or Moderne but the Explorer just 'speaks' to me. The 2019 model got me, love the color, love the nickle hardware and the price was good IMO. I got one and i honestly haven't put it down - it's so cool! Here's a couple pics of my 2019 and a link to a thread we have going here.

0XiAoGul.jpg

gWUsc85l.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted a gold top, which i haven't had for about 20 years or more, and these were in a price i could justify and the guitar passed my expectations.

I've never owned an Explorer...i can do without a V or Modern but the Explorer just 'speaks' to me. The 2019 model got me, love the color, love the nickle hardware and the price was good IMO. I got one and i honestly haven't put it down - it's so cool! Here's a couple pics of my 2019 and a link to a thread we have going here.

0XiAoGul.jpg

gWUsc85l.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :peace2 :peace2 :peace2

Is that Explorer from the Original Collection series? I WANT ONE!!! :peace2

maplebaby

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :peace2 :peace2 :peace2

Is that Explorer from the Original Collection series? I WANT ONE!!! :peace2

yes sir! I took it to Nashville with me on a visit and dropped it off at Joe Glaser's shop to just let them adjust it. They were excited to see a 'new' Gibson. I went to the Nash zoo and came back at the end of the day and they said really the guitar didn't need anything - it was set up very well. That said volumes to me - Glaser's shop is highly respected and in Nashville that pretty strong.

They are PLEKED - the pickups sound amazing and you can play all the way up the neck so easily. The neck feels like none i've had and i love it! It balances great on your lap and with strap - i honestly LOVE mine, i like just looking at it on at stand! Oh you'll need a hanging stand if you don't have one:)

If you make a home for one i'd LOVE to see it.

I have no affiliation with any music store but i'd recommend giving Eddie's in St Louis a call if you see one in their inventory. Make them a decent offer and see what happens:)

QqCF5ZJl.jpg

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
yes sir! I took it to Nashville with me on a visit and dropped it off at Joe Glaser's shop to just let them adjust it. They were excited to see a 'new' Gibson. I went to the Nash zoo and came back at the end of the day and they said really the guitar didn't need anything - it was set up very well. That said volumes to me - Glaser's shop is highly respected and in Nashville that pretty strong.

They are PLEKED - the pickups sound amazing and you can play all the way up the neck so easily. The neck feels like none i've had and i love it! It balances great on your lap and with strap - i honestly LOVE mine, i like just looking at it on at stand! Oh you'll need a hanging stand if you don't have one:)

If you make a home for one i'd LOVE to see it.

I have no affiliation with any music store but i'd recommend giving Eddie's in St Louis a call if you see one in their inventory. Make them a decent offer and see what happens:)

QqCF5ZJl.jpg

Thanks Dale. :salude

I just checked Eddie's site. They don't have one at the moment. I'm gonna call Wildwood and see what they can do. I really want one of these... :peace2 :peace2 :peace2

waynesmith

These are outstanding guitars. Gibson really hit it out of the park with the "Original Collection". I love that P90 honk :hank

82222475_2757641907607540_5350439858131173376_o.jpg