• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current market value for PAFS

toxpert

You can also look at market value by searching for ‘sold’ items on on-line markets like Reverb or eBay.
The pickups are only worth what a buyer will pay and at that point in time.

musekatcher

$5500 for a set of pickups, yikes! But, if I were restoring a real deal, I guess that's just what they cost...they aren't making any more.

brandtkronholm

It appears to be a later ('60-'62 short magnet) gold plated PAF. Nothing looks immediately bad or wrong. However, there is some black gunk on the lower threading of the screws which is slightly mysterious. The lead has been cut or fixed, but that's not a deal breaker - actually, that's not uncommon.

brandtkronholm

The long magnet measured 2.5" while the short magnet was about 2.25".

There's one picture in your photobucket album that has a very good view of the magnet peeking out from underneath the bobbins. On your pickup, there is a noticeable gap fro the edge of the magnet to the edge of the base-plate that the magnet sits on. The longer 2.5" magnet (often) sticks out farther sometimes being almost flush with the edge of the base-plate. This is why I'm saying (guessing) that your pickup has the shorter magnet. An in-hand inspection of the pickup will quickly determine the length of the magnet. Simply compare the distances from the edges of the base-plate to the edges of the magnet and do a bit of arithmetic. The length of the base-plate is about 2.7 inches.

Here are two good links with loads of info on PAFs:
http://www.guitarhq.com/paf.html

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?161037-PAF-Long-magnet-vs-shot-magnet

Attachments

• PAFs-Crop-No1.jpg
    PAFs-Crop-No1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 12