• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'75 Gibson LP Deluxe - Need Help / Advice

Adam L

Everyday since I sold my '76 Gibson LP Standard I've regretted getting rid of it. The sale saved me from being homeless, but it would have been a fair trade off.. it was one of the diamond in the rough LPs.

I just found a '75 Gibson LP Deluxe for 2k and I'd like to get your opinions. All I have to go on are the pictures I included in this post.

I'm not familiar with the differences between the Standard and Deluxe models. All I can tell from looking at both is that the Deluxe has mini HBs.
This '75 had the pups swapped for full sized HBs (can't tell which type from the pic), as well as a Piezo pup installed.

Does anyone know if the Deluxe models from' 75 have the same factory specs for the neck, or do they vary? I say factory specs cuz every LP neck seems to have it's own individual feel, even if Gibson intended for the neck to be the same.

I'm not sure if I'm romanticizing over the older LPs or if they really are better than the current production models. I've played a ton on LPs and when I find one that I like, which can take going thru quite alot, they're either from the 70's or earlier, or the 90s-early '00s.

Thanks.
1570347614909.jpg1570347553126.jpg

Big Al

The ONLY difference between Deluxe and Standards of the same y.o.m, is the name and pickups.

guitplayer

1975 seems to have more consistent neck shape than 2 previous years.:jim

roxrob

pickups look like Dimarzio super distortions....a popular mod in the late 70s. I remember buying one for my cheap LP copy....the pickup cost more than the guitar!!!

Rob