• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Historics, differences vs Regular US Gibson, production line?

Texas Blues

I know-most of us are such meanies. No help whatsoever.

Mr. Easton.

You are a very well known meanie.

On this forum.

So mean in fact.

I would wash your dishes.

Do your laundry.

And cook for you.

Just to say hello and shake your hand.

And then....

Like some people on this forum.

I'd tell you how I would have played it better.

:hee

Elliot Easton

Mr. Easton.

You are a very well known meanie.

On this forum.

So mean in fact.

I would wash your dishes.

Do your laundry.

And cook for you.

Just to say hello and shake your hand.

And then....

Like some people on this forum.

I'd tell you how I would have played it better.

:hee

Hahahaha! Ya still got it- what a card!!!

jb_abides

Learned something new @ 23:20 in Peaches Custom Shop vid => CS Firebird wedge joined by hide glue. :salude

El Gringo

Got a little bit curios. When they build the Historics are they totally separated from the Regular Usa Gibson production line? Or is the same people building these too? Do they build it in another way or is it the same, except some differences in construction?
2 very separate divisions which operate from different buildings and locations in Nashville .

Bruce R

As I recall the late 90's-early 2000's Les Paul Classics were very decent guitars, and not that different than the new Historics being produced at that time. The Classics/Standards today are light-years removed from the Historics, but was this always the case?

jb_abides

As I recall the late 90's-early 2000's Les Paul Classics were very decent guitars, and not that different than the new Historics being produced at that time. The Classics/Standards today are light-years removed from the Historics, but was this always the case?

Well, I don't know about light years...

I have a 2000 and 2018 USA Classic -- as well as many Custom Shop Reissues.

While the Reissues are in a league above, the Classics are both stellar guitars. Apart from the obvious spec difference (2000 has the ceramics & Klusons, snotty inlays; 2018 has P90s & Grovers), both are of similar construction and quality.

I'd say the big difference is wood, at least in my 2. The 2000 closer in weight to a Reissue, still not from the same "wood sort" as Historics though...

2018 is heftier. You know they really could have done the weight relief, but didn't :)

:salude

Big Al

No, your recollection is completely wrong in every way.

Bruce R

No, your recollection is completely wrong in every way.

I hear you, Al! I really didn't play much attention to the "newer" Gibsons in those days, as I've always had my '69 Custom as my main guitar and my '56 Strat. I really didn't understand the Historics/Custom Shop instruments until about 2007 when I was researching the purchase of my '06 R8. You're right - no comparison!