• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Looking for info on '18 R9 light aged

ndross475

I made the "mistake" of playing an R9 today. I have a couple of Traditionals but now I "understand". I have spent some time investigating the specs, and pricing on the big sites, but I can't find much info on the "house aged" guitars. There is a lot on Murphy; but not "house". The one I am looking at is "lightly aged" and its not a Murphy.

Does any one know what light house aging costs as an option? Does it add "value" on the used mkt? Seller is looking for $5k all in and it appears the mkt is $4300-$4700 (no aging).

As I mentioned, I read the reviews, specs, on the non-house aged. Any info on "house aged" would be helpful...

Thanks!!

Tim Plains

It's in-house aging, not just house, and adds a few hundred dollars depending on the buyer. Personally, I don't like Gibson in-house aged guitars and wouldn't buy another. I don't know, they just look fake and feel cheap.

It's hard to put a value on used R9s because it all depends on the top and condition. A poor top will sell in the low $3,000s, average to nice tops in the $3,800 range, and insane flame tops could fetch well over $5,000.

ndross475

Thank you. That is helpful. The more i read on these the more i realize i need to learn.