• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best amp for the best burst tone

Texas Blues

Nuclear deterrent capability

Nuclear deterrent.

Full bush tone.

Not even a Les Paul.

Crank it up!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fEcKNzfECAo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

cincyguitar

I just bought a used Marshall Origin 20...and this amp blows me away...I can play my Burst thru it and get some of the best tone ever...:hank

agogetr

i,m withya corpse.the best fender amp i have ever heard was an early brown deluxe out of the closet with a bluebell speaker. after the crackling and pot twisting it was hands down the best fender amp i have ever heard. for real. once it warmed up the crackling stopped.thats why i dont panic and call a tech. the amp was majic.
I am a huge fan of Brown Fenders.
But what I have heard of your tone is right there old son.

Texas Blues

Damn you Mr. Glover.

I have been trying to play this for a few years now.

And taunting my neighbors.

I can't play it nohow like you for damn sure.

But I wish I could sing it.

I just can't make out the vox.

I am at the point.

That I'll beg for you to post the Hobo lyrics.

I'll even do PayPal for 'em.

Sell my kids to the government.

For scientific experiments.

Just please!

Gimme' the lyrics.

Because.

This fucking rocks harder than chinese arithmetic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Suud0wxDB3c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Texas Blues

The Les Paul rooster strut at the end was worth the whole 'thang!

Some of us do.

Most of us.

Can only wish.

And dream.

ricgau

Isn't a matter of preference? It seems like you should clarify exactly what you are looking for in terms of tone. I have been in a Mike Bloomfield - Super Sessions kick and I find that my '13 LP Standard through a Fender Deluxe does the job. I was going for a Twin, but was put off by the weight of it and expense. The Deluxe doesn't pack exactly the same punch, but it is, nonetheless, very good, easy to trasnport and was significantly less expensive.

I am planning to get a Marshall Combo as I have always loved the Clapton Beano sound. Then again the Vox AC 30 offers something the others don't. I do not want to spend tons of cash on boutique amps, so off the GC floor is fine for me. I gig in small venues and haven't had to crank the Deluxe above 4 (horn band)

Once you are settled on what sound you are looking for, it should be an easy decision. Page did LZ 1 with a Tele and a Supro.