• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Meet Fun Gus...my new whooped to death 1955 Goldtop!

TM1

Must have spent it life on the Gulf coast..

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
It’s an original owner guitar from Houston.:jim

pinefd

Holy crap, Charlie! Where/how the heck to you find these things?!? I love it!

Frank

Midnight Blues

Very cool Charlie! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play him in good health!

F-Hole

Sounds pretty good too judging by the clip Charlie sent me.

:salude

Base6

I'd like to introduce you to Fun Gus ("fungus"...get it?), my brand new, to me, 1955 Goldtop. Ole' Gus has been well loved as you can see. He sounds like a MILLION BUCKS!

Looks like a million bucks too! I’d made you that offer if I had it.
Fan-Tas-Tic! Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

K_L

I ran & quickly grabbed my bottle of 'Hand Sanitizer' after seeing these pictures of CD`s 'new' guitar!

fakejake

Whats the explanation for the wear in that particular place? I realize it looks similar to the wear on CD's Goldfinger, but I don't understand why it would be in that particular place.
I also haven't seen it on any other guitar (like a Burst) so far...
Thanks!!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Whats the explanation for the wear in that particular place? I realize it looks similar to the wear on CD's Goldfinger, but I don't understand why it would be in that particular place.
Thanks!!

The player likely rested his thumb there. :)

thin sissy

Thanks!!
You know, for years I've noticed that my LP:s get a build up of grime at that place. Everytime I saw it I wondered how the hell that happened, because my playing style doesn't explain that at all.

After a while I realized that I (without noticing or thinking about it) lift my LP:s with my right hand at the part where the neck meets the body. The fingers are in the cutaway and the palm rest against the part under the switch. This is done when I put them on, when I lift them off and whenever I adjust the strap or whatever.

It seems to me more people may do the same? I'm not saying that's the reason behind this particular guitars wear at that spot, but it's a guess at least :)