• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Social Distortion 40 years of rockin!

J T

Congrats to our own Mike (Sick Boy) Ness for forty years of great music! He's still rockin it with the boys. Ya know that really says something when you are still going after all that time. Yeah baby! Some of my favorite songs.

He's celebrating by having Joan Jett and lots of other great bands in a concert in CA at Five Points on October 26th. Definitely will be a great show.

Skelly will be there too.

Sounds From Behind the Orange Curtain

Love Social D!

Last edited:

zhivago

I absolutely love Social D!

Such a great band that keeps getting better with time. :jim

SpencerD

Oh yes. :yah:dude:

Hell yes! --- P90 Les Paul....there is nothing better......NOTHING! :laugh2:

J.D.

Great band and musician. I was fortunate to have seen the band play live back in the '90s.

SpencerD

The drummer with Social Distortion is a second generation badass musician. His name is David Hidalgo Jr. --- :yah His dad has been rocking like hell for a looong time! Los Lobos man! :peace2:yah:dude:

kojack19

Have seen Wilco and Social D more than any other bands in my lifetime. First Social D show was CGBGs for the Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell record @ 1992 and the last time I saw them was 18 months ago at the Capitol Theatre in NY. The lineup has changed-lots of drummers Chris Reese, Chuck Biscuits, Charlie Quintana, Atom Willard, David Hidalgo to name the drummers over the past 20 years. Current lineup with Jonny Two Bags on guitar is the best they have ever sounded. New record is in the works which is also great. Mike lived a hard life early on and I think if you asked anyone they would be shocked he is still here. Great band and we are so lucky that Social Distortion, The Descendents and Bad Religion are still making great records.

BTW, Jonny Two Bags solo record is outstanding highly recommended.