• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another Burst just added to the Log - 9 0327

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Its new gallery HERE... enjoy! :jim

9_0327-01-me.png

9_0327-02.png

hogy

Flame looks like the guitar might have been stained at some point?

I'm out of the loop on prices, but the Reverb asking price seems optimistic for a refinished guitar with changed parts and fake pickup rings.

S. Weiger

What's up with the neck tenon?
View attachment 10515
Tenon looks a little off to me, compared to other 50's I have seen..
And, question for the knowledgeable: Is that control cavity within specs?
Not trying to stir a pot or rub any feathers, it could be the pic and all that.. I'm just curious & want to learn, but this 9 0327 cavity really looks off to me in so many ways..

Burst 9 0327 cavity compare.jpg

Last edited:

jimmi

Tenon looks a little off to me, compared to other 50's I have seen..
And, question for the knowledgeable: Is that control cavity within specs?
Not trying to stir a pot or rub any feathers, it could be the pic and all that.. I'm just curious & want to learn.

View attachment 24973
Agree…the round parts of the upper portion of the routes look smaller. Notice how close the neck pots sit next to the wall. I really don’t see a ledge …it might be covered up by the cables but then it isn’t exactly in the expected angle. Over all just looks smaller. Interesting. Are there any more like this?

S. Weiger

Florian Jaeger refinished 9 0327 allright, but you might think he wouldn't have to remove all the red from the bridge p.u. cavity wall? Not the tiniest trace of red left:

1708882905391.jpeg

Or perhaps there's another explanation for this strange anomaly?
Hmmm... again, could just be the picture, never say never.