• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD! 1963 Gibson Melody Maker D

Florida Sam

Wow. I just checked and it's been 16 years since I started a thread on this forum. I was NOT sober back then an re-reading my ramblings from back then...well, I was an asshole. 15 years sober now, wow have I mellowed a bit.

After spending all day yesterday at the Tampa get together, I had awesome gear overload. So much amazing stuff in one room.* I'm from the East Coast of Florida and made a weekend of it in Tampa so I hit a few music stores Friday and today. I saw some really great used gear over there but this.. this was love at first sight and lust at first strum. It came home with me.

Other than the missing wiggle stick, an absolutely perfect refret, and the welcome compensated bridge it's all original. So many of these are butchered, refined, cannibalized for their fretboard, routed for buckers or P90's..the list goes on

The neck is the star of show, nothing could be more comfortable.

20190922-164650-01.jpg

20190922-164742-01.jpg

20190922-164755-01.jpg

20190922-183408-01.jpg

This is mojo

This is mojo

Overdriven66

Nice Melody maker! :dude:

i totally agree with Tom! Killer guitar with GREAT natural aging. A few guys very gifted can try to replicate the aging like on your MM. But yours is a gorgeous example of a naturally aged old Gibson!! Great pix BTW! Congrats and thanks for posting it!