• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UNDER THE BED: 1960 Burst discovery [needs authentication, looks legit]

samsdad

Thanks. I guess I have handled too many Bursts, along with Goldtops. I find variations in all times and all three years. I don't see anything close to a real cut off, except the late 1960 thin depth era. Even then there were a few "round necks".
Each to his own opinions. I get confused by the kid's lingo these days. :2cool

BTW: Many of Gibson's guitars got that thin neck shape in 1960, not just Les Pauls. Epi's too. :)

Well Now That i know It is looked at in Different ways By Younger People and Older People a like
Im not a kid but a Senior Citizen who is Mentally Disabled and been around guitars since 1970
Bought vintage guitars when they called them used guitars things sure have Changed
Anyway I really like that 60 under the bed Burst but for me its only a dream at this point

marshall1987

Switching gears slightly from vintage sunburst Les Pauls............and as touched upon above, Gibson ES-355s were getting fairly slim necks in 1959, a year many folks associate with fat necks. So you really can't generalize and say that 1959 Gibson electric guitars had fat rounded neck profiles that went to slim necks in 1960.

Last edited: