• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Swapping Grovers in 2018 Goldtop

MotownJelly

First time post, long time reader. Hey LPF!

question: I want to swap out the factory Grover tuners in my 18 Gibson Goldtop Classic. Are there any reasons why I shouldn’t? (Other than personal aesthetic tastes) I want it to look more like a 56 (ish) goldtop with the Klusons and p-90s. Will I lose quality or tuning capabilities? Thanks!

Keefoman

First time post, long time reader. Hey LPF!

question: I want to swap out the factory Grover tuners in my 18 Gibson Goldtop Classic. Are there any reasons why I shouldn’t? (Other than personal aesthetic tastes) I want it to look more like a 56 (ish) goldtop with the Klusons and p-90s. Will I lose quality or tuning capabilities? Thanks!
You might alter the tone in your guitar a tiny bit. You have to get inserts too as the Grovers requier wider holes. This is not irreversible (except for the extra holes for the Kluson screws you’ll need to drill at the back of the headstock), so no major reasons why you shouldn’t do it.