• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Looking for old Les Paul

Gadge

This is such a long shot its pretty stupid I guess, but im looking for a Les Paul honeyburst 1998 serial number 91558351 I sold to a guy in April 2014 for £925

It was bought form my house in Stockport, Manchester UK.

For sentimental reason (used it on some recordings) I would pay more than what I sold it for.

If anyone has this guitar or any info I would be very happy to hear from you

I think it would be a cool idea to have a section dedicated to locating old guitars, ive found some amazing stories online from people who have been reacquainted with their old guitars, one guy walked into a guitar shop to see his old Fender when he sold it privately 14 years earlier.

Thanks all

https://i.ibb.co/nzD0Bgk/Bf-E75-Bmk-KGr-Hq-MH-D0-Erfdst-BBL-Y7-KO-3-1.jpg

jb_abides

Good luck - it's a looker :salude

Bf-E75-Bmk-KGr-Hq-MH-D0-Erfdst-BBL-Y7-KO-3-1.jpg

Midnight Blues

I'm trying the same thing on the Marshall Forum, looking for a '72 or '73 Super Lead that I used to own. Not that I'm looking to get it back (although that would be nice), I'm just wondering if it's out there somewhere.

I hope this works for you and you're able to get her back. She's certainly lovely to type the least.

Good luck and
cheers.gif

Gadge

Thanks guys. The guy that bought it said he was going to replace the pickups and grover tuners which I wasnt happy about but thats his choice I guess, so it might look different.

Reno_1ted

I have a 1994 Honeyburst - great guitars and mine also has a sold it, bought it back story.

It was the first ever Les Paul I bought, in 2004. I remember it turning up in the case, and then throwing back the pink velvet cover to see my holy grail. I was 22/23 and had just started working full time, and saved up to buy this.

Cut to 2008, and i bought my first house with my now wife, and the guitar went on Ebay to help fund the move. Needs must.

Cut to around 2014, and I was in a fortunate position to have a decent guitar collection, but the first one was always the one that got away. Pure sellers regret. So, I went through my old emails, found the details of the guy who bought it on ebay, and sent him a speculative message. He replied to say he still had it, but that it had undergone a headstock break. Turns out he is a furniture restorer and so fixed the break himself with two mahogany dowels - not a pretty job but as solid as it gets. He was happy to sell the guitar back to me, for the same price he paid. I was happy to pay it. It arrived back in the post, same case, same velvet cover, and when I opened it up and laid eyes on it, the same feeling I had had 10 years ago. Its now going nowhere.

My advice, if possible, is to start at the person who bought your guitar. Old emails/phone numbers/texts etc.

Good luck

Gadge

I have a 1994 Honeyburst - great guitars and mine also has a sold it, bought it back story.

It was the first ever Les Paul I bought, in 2004. I remember it turning up in the case, and then throwing back the pink velvet cover to see my holy grail. I was 22/23 and had just started working full time, and saved up to buy this.

Cut to 2008, and i bought my first house with my now wife, and the guitar went on Ebay to help fund the move. Needs must.

Cut to around 2014, and I was in a fortunate position to have a decent guitar collection, but the first one was always the one that got away. Pure sellers regret. So, I went through my old emails, found the details of the guy who bought it on ebay, and sent him a speculative message. He replied to say he still had it, but that it had undergone a headstock break. Turns out he is a furniture restorer and so fixed the break himself with two mahogany dowels - not a pretty job but as solid as it gets. He was happy to sell the guitar back to me, for the same price he paid. I was happy to pay it. It arrived back in the post, same case, same velvet cover, and when I opened it up and laid eyes on it, the same feeling I had had 10 years ago. Its now going nowhere.

My advice, if possible, is to start at the person who bought your guitar. Old emails/phone numbers/texts etc.

Good luck

Great story. I already did all the email search thing a few times, the closest I got was a conversation with a guy who wanted to buy it and I was telling him that I had just sold it, I think I must have talked to the buyer via ebay and they delete the messages after a while, I wish I spoke to him vie my email directly. I bought another one very similar, didnt sound as good so changed my amp, still not as good, so changed the pickups twice, Seymour Duncan Antiquity then JWP American Steele, still doesnt sound as good, that Les Paul had something special going on. I miss it so much, ive not heard any Les Paul sound like that did not even a 59 and im not kidding you.

Gadge

If you can forgive my guitar being out of tune and my rusty playing (I love guitars a lot more than I play them) check out this recording of the guitar, listen how sweet it sounds when I hit that A string at the intro, my current Les Paul sound nothing like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szgV47y6g5o