• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1950's hardware

kadowaki

I haven't been here in a while. Sold my burst back in 1990. Realizing that I'm not going to be restoring any guitars. I have original 1950's truss rod cover, switch tip, TOM bridge and stop tailpiece. I'm so out of touch I don't even know the market or who to ask for advice on pricing and selling. Reverb does not seem appropriate, but maybe? Haven't Ebay'ed anything in years. I'm interested in selling these pieces to someone who needs/appreciates them. Any advice?

goldtop0

List them in the Members Classifieds here is an option.
I've done that in the past with PAFs.

Zeppelinguy85

All Access/Backstage Pass
I haven't been here in a while. Sold my burst back in 1990. Realizing that I'm not going to be restoring any guitars. I have original 1950's truss rod cover, switch tip, TOM bridge and stop tailpiece. I'm so out of touch I don't even know the market or who to ask for advice on pricing and selling. Reverb does not seem appropriate, but maybe? Haven't Ebay'ed anything in years. I'm interested in selling these pieces to someone who needs/appreciates them. Any advice?

I'd start here https://reverb.com/shop/vintage-s-gear-locker-1?make=gibson they look like they have realistic prices. I'd caution looking on Reverb at live sales because those prices can be deceiving. You can search for Sold Listings which might give you a better idea.

Bouldergold

JIMI55LP

If you search each part on EBAY, you'll have a very good or "ball park" idea of their values?

JIMI55LP

Like Tom said, get your prices from completed sales. Most times the listings asking prices look like the seller's been "smokin' bananas". If you watch most sites for a month, you should have a good idea of what they sell for?

Arnold M.

Like Tom said, get your prices from completed sales. Most times the listings asking prices look like the seller's been "smokin' bananas". If you watch most sites for a month, you should have a good idea of what they sell for?

"smoking' bananas," man I haven't heard that one since the 60's ... LOL ... you made my day LOL

fernieite

Ha! I'm pretty sure I tried that once in the 70s - didn't work btw... :##