• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Female Frontmen

Dave P

url
url
Wendy O Williams, not much of a singer, but she could sure put on a show.
Plasmatics_WendyColour.jpg

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Why even say "female" or "women". You don't say "black singer"

mdubya

I like Holly Beth Vincent.

I don't know how her career got side tracked, but I think she is highly underrated.

Brian Krashpad

I like Holly Beth Vincent.

I don't know how her career got side tracked, but I think she is highly underrated.

I have both these albums. The first is great, I like the second less. Darker and less power pop.

Paul Schaeffer, from the old Late Show/Letterman band is on the first album!

mdubya

I have both these albums. The first is great, I like the second less. Darker and less power pop.

Paul Schaeffer, from the old Late Show/Letterman band is on the first album!

:applaude:dude:

Yeah, the first one is straight out of the Ramones play book.

She is awesome and talented. Not everyone's cuppa, but great nonetheless.

marshall1987

LINDA RONSTADT are you kidding me! And you get Waddy Wachtel and Andrew Gold too! :spabout

Linda Ronstadt - Stadthalle, Offenbach, Germany 1976-11-16 (Rockpalast)

<iframe width="581" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fInfRe9Qf50?list=PLP7_eREdOsFyZnxVtum-tAOHpgFxdbWGP" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian Krashpad

LINDA RONSTADT are you kidding me! And you get Waddy Wachtel and Andrew Gold too! :spabout

Linda Ronstadt - Stadthalle, Offenbach, Germany 1976-11-16 (Rockpalast)

<iframe width="581" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fInfRe9Qf50?list=PLP7_eREdOsFyZnxVtum-tAOHpgFxdbWGP" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

A great talent to be sure.

But more a solo singer than a frontperson. Not really the same thing.

jrgtr42

+1 on PJ Harvey - she's got a hell of a voice, (and in the Dry / Rid of Me days she looked like my girlfriend at the time... a major bonus...)

I'd add Kay Hanley of Letters to Cleo to the list, and Brittany Howard of ALabama Shakes.

How about the Deal sisters from Pixies (OK, Kim was bass player, but she sang a lot) and The Breeders
Tanya Donnelly and Kristen Hirsh - Throwing Muses and Belly
Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth and her own stuff.
Juliana Hatfield (with and without The Three)
I can probably think of a few others....