• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

60th Anniversary Historic vs. Real Bursts

I thought I'd post this here since this is where the majority of forum members who have experience or ownership of real 50's Lps hang out.
There has been a lot of chatter and marketing touting these new 60th Anni LP's as the "closest" Gibson has ever come to reproducing the genuine article. I'm curious to see if there is anyone here who owns a real 'burst and has taken one of these for a spin or owns both and what the impressions are. While not having 58-60 les paul standard experience, I do have some knowledge and first hand experience and ownership of golden era Gibson guitars (Es models). Obviously vintage is vintage and there are certain things that cannot be duplicated. Also we all know that each guitar is different and has it's own voice, I'd say this goes for new guitars as well. I'd be interested in impressions of those in the know of these new historics and if they've generally moved closer to capturing a golden era LP here. In my experience there's a lot to be desired on the majority of historic guitars. Major issues I have are neck size, generally too big, and overall sound of the pickups, especially in the bite and clarity department. Wondering if anyone cares to expound upon how these new guitars fare in comparison to originals and high end reproductions of the last few years. CC's...etc...