• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement ABR-1 Parts & Additional Question

h4ck.b0x7

I have an wired ABR-1 that has 1 bent saddle screw and a jacked up wire. It came to me this way.

If I have to order a whole new ABR-1 it doesn't really bother me but I'd like to know if you can order just screws and retaining wires?

Additionally, is there any difference between the Non-Wire ABR-1 and the Wired ABR-1 aside from the wire holes and wire?

RandK

Stewmac's terminology is confusing on ABR's because in the past they sold an ABR-1 clone and parts which were imported with metric threads. The search link provided has wrong (metric M3 thread) screws due to their terminology. You need parts for "original ABR", screws are 6-32. Stewmac is now selling genuine Gibson bridges but I don't see saddles or screws which Gibson used to sell as a set on a blister pack card you could find at GC.

https://www.stewmac.com/SiteSearch/?search=original abr parts

The non-wired and wired are different parts and the bodies are made from different die-cast molds. The non-wired is a closer approximation of a vintage ABR even down to having slightly more saddle travel than the wired. The wired seems like the same parts (bodies) from the 70's. Wired can rattle. Their non-wired are a little loose to me - the screws don't snap in tightly like vintage. Pick your poison.