The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

2016 GIBSON Memphis Studio Yay or Nay ???

It's been a month for this baby to adjust to all the tweaks and adjustments that is needed if there was really. This will do for me w/o the extra cost for bling here and there, although I would have preferred the '63 but just too rich for my blood right now.

The Classics 57 & 57 + is just the right sounding match for this model that is matched. I've heard the MHS/BB1&2 with the last set in one of my Paul's already and this creamy sounding Classics set just completes the range.

Just for an added salivation taste for an ES 335. Quite happy with my 2016 Memphis Studio all stock with Classic 57 & 57 +.

Anybody came across this model line up or you rather go for the upper hand?

IMG_2696

Cheers!
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!

Re: 2016 GIBSON Memphis Studio Yay or Nay ???

Quote Originally Posted by Trans-Am View Post
    It's been a month for this baby to adjust to all the tweaks and adjustments that is needed if there was really. This will do for me w/o the extra cost for bling here and there, although I would have preferred the '63 but just too rich for my blood right now.

The Classics 57 & 57 + is just the right sounding match for this model that is matched. I've heard the MHS/BB1&2 with the last set in one of my Paul's already and this creamy sounding Classics set just completes the range.

Just for an added salivation taste for an ES 335. Quite happy with my 2016 Memphis Studio all stock with Classic 57 & 57 +.

Anybody came across this model line up or you rather go for the upper hand?

Cheers!
    I have a Studio and I do like it. Great bang for the buck. But I undoubtedly like my Reissue ESs better.
    "I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

Re: 2016 GIBSON Memphis Studio Yay or Nay ???

Yeah great to know that the Studio here do have some loving besides the Ri's.
    I've yet to find and play one as it's been a hit and miss as of late when looking for an ES, specially with the commanding prices they are right now?

I have a&b'd this baby over the more so called " Standard " in which there is no such thing the " Traditional " and the Studio came home with me instead. With playability & setup of the Studio being better and at almost 3X the cost?...............Maybe down the road on a used Ri who knows, but am good with this player.

I've done my math pretty well here with this one. Do not dismiss a great playing/sounding Studio if you opt for the bling that commands another Studio really.

IMG_2121

IMG_2691
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!