• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Enquiry about replicas.

themaestro04

I've seen your replicas, I know about Gil and Terry. Now I'm interested.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if I even can post it at all. I've been reading about quality 59 replicas which are made by skilled luthiers. Not the ones from China. I'd quite like one of these as I have seen some online and I think it's worth a shot. Does anyone have a link/website/name to somebody who can help me out here? Or, better yet, does anyone on here make them and can give me a hand? If so, please message me as I'd prefer working with someone on here.

Again, sorry if this talk is prohibited, please understand I'm a new member and I'm also a kid who wants a replica vintage guitar. Anyway,
cheers.

brandtkronholm

Have you ruled out the re-issues? If so, why?

Tell us more about your statement "I'm a kid." Are you teenager or are you a "kid" when it comes to Les Pauls? Just wondering.

I can't imagine discussing replicas is prohibited here, after all, high quality replica Les Pauls have been being built for nearly 50 years now! (If it wasn't built by Gibson it shouldn't say Gibson on it. So just don't show the headstock if it's a replica and has the Gibson and/or Les Paul logo!)

themaestro04

Have you ruled out the re-issues? If so, why?

Tell us more about your statement "I'm a kid." Are you teenager or are you a "kid" when it comes to Les Pauls? Just wondering.

I can't imagine discussing replicas is prohibited here, after all, high quality replica Les Pauls have been being built for nearly 50 years now! (If it wasn't built by Gibson it shouldn't say Gibson on it. So just don't show the headstock if it's a replica and has the Gibson and/or Les Paul logo!)

1. I haven't ruled out re-issues, I just like the idea of a master-luthier built replica that uses the original methods and materials. I'd also like to support a luthier. I have played a 58 and 59 reissue while on holiday.

2. I'm a teen.

Thank you for your helpful reply, if I get one, I'll make sure to not show the headstock.

asapmaz

So you're saying you are familiar with Terry's and Gil's and also presumably aware of the prices those are fetching?
But you'd like the same quality but at a fraction of the price?
You're probably better off buying a reissue.
Lots of people build replicas, even with the right woods and materials, but very few hold their value.

jimeh77

The question is why reissue? Looking at the historics price going up every year closing the replicas’