The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    NGD: Going for Gold

    Picked up this like new condition 2/14/19 inspection card R7.

    8.3lbs. It’s a monster. Got a great price off TGP.

    https://imgur.com/a/M05seJu

    https://i.imgur.com/Gpk2krP.jpg

  2. #2

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Congrats. Nice shade of gold on this one. Enjoy!


  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,330

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Really nice gold top !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

    The Myth: If I would have lived with MOM & mooched till I was 48 I would play like Clapton !
    Think about it
    won't you ...... Please !

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LINY
    Posts
    100

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Great looking guitar , I love it
    q

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,445

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    GO GOLD!


  6. #6

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Nice! Congrats, HNGTD and play her in good health!
    Midnight Blues

  7. #7

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    good looking board too.


  8. #8

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    thanks for posting my pics for me. I couldn't figure out how to do that. This is a wonderful guitar.

    Let's see if this family photo works...


  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member Top Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Love it!

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member Ace139's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Market, MD
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    I usually think Gold is Gold and they all look the same. This one however is a beauty!! Congrats
    Some people call me old fashion - but fire scares me

  11. #11

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace139 View Post
    I usually think Gold is Gold and they all look the same. This one however is a beauty!! Congrats
    If you have the time and inclination, dwell on the close-ups and finish on this one... the gold and woodgrain are superb!




  12. #12

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    If you have the time and inclination, dwell on the close-ups and finish on this one... the gold and woodgrain are superb!



    To me that gold color looks quite a bit different than mine. Still looks great though. This guitar was essentially unplayed/new condition. The price was about the price of the current USA Goldtop. Just couldn’t pass it up.

  13. #13

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmusician View Post
    To me that gold color looks quite a bit different than mine. Still looks great though. This guitar was essentially unplayed/new condition. The price was about the price of the current USA Goldtop. Just couldn’t pass it up.
    Yeah, R7 and USAs are different...
    You gotta good deal. Newish/used R7s have long been the best bang-for-buck LPs, sho'nuff!

  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member goldtop0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the end of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    7,361

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    You're going to see different gold finishes(with the Historics) in any given year since 2013........usually all in the same year of production.....on R7, R6 and R4 LPs.
    Green/Gold as with djcmusicians..... and Honey/Gold which is a more amber colour...... and then even sometimes a Brass/Gold which has a copper look but it's pretty rare and not the best or historic finish imo.

  15. #15
    Formerly Lefty Elmo Steve Craw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    4,987

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    A stunner, for sure!! Congrats and enjoy!

  16. #16

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Very nice Gold Top indeed.

    Here's my contribution to the Gold Club, along with a party crasher.


  17. #17

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Is is that a black top R7? Or black all over? Love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollShakeUp View Post
    Very nice Gold Top indeed.

    Here's my contribution to the Gold Club, along with a party crasher.


  18. #18

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmusician View Post
    Is is that a black top R7? Or black all over? Love it.
    Thank you! It is an R7, ebony top only.

  19. #19
    Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Looks fantastic, congrats!

  20. #20

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Thanks for all the well wishes. 1st gig with the Goldtop this past Saturday. Some fan videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBHl3gY0iPw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29eVRnJ8baI

  21. #21

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmusician View Post
    Thanks for all the well wishes. 1st gig with the Goldtop this past Saturday. Some fan videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBHl3gY0iPw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29eVRnJ8baI
    Looks like it was a fun gig, great job! Nice to see it in action.

  22. #22

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmusician View Post
    thanks for posting my pics for me. I couldn't figure out how to do that. This is a wonderful guitar.

    Let's see if this family photo works...

    Nice trio! Despite having the ebony top R7, I really want a Black Beauty!

  23. #23
    Les Paul Forum Member Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,581

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    My contri of my triple Gold :

    DSC02526 (1)


    Cheers!
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!

  24. #24
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19

    Re: NGD: Going for Gold

    Yeah those Goldtops are just lovely

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i