• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Help with a Gibson Les Paul Standard

GoJohnnyGoGo

Hello there,

I always wanted a Gibson Les Paul Standard Gold Top and somebody offered me one of those, but I do not know for sure if it is real or false.

It has no case or COA. As the person informs me, it was built in 2006 but they did not sell it until 2010. He bought it from another person (I would be the third owner).

In appearance everything is normal; the serial number is correct, the potentiometers and the machines head seem aligned and have no details that make me suspect except the truss-rod cover and the electronics covers on the back of the guitar, because the first one is not the model's own and year and the color of the second does not match of the pictures I have seen for a 2006 Gibson Gold Top (although they could have been replaced).

It is far from where I live, but this weekend I make a trip and I can take a detour to try it. Of course, I would like to collect information previously.

I need your help. Is it real, or is it fake?

Thanks in advance,
Adrián
IMG-20190902-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190902-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190902-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190902-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190902-WA0014.jpg

Torzo

Is it just me, but that looks superfake. That cutaway seems way off and the headstock looks fishy. Get more sharp closeups!

fred dons

totally fake, logo is an onlay instead of an inlay and wrongly positioned, no nibs, Color is off for a goldtop, trussrod cover is the chinese fake Version, inlays are wrong

AJCR

Most assuredly fake.
Stay away, and report the ad if you can.

sonar

Yes, stay away.

The counterfeiters are getting better. This one, while obviously fake, isn't laughably terrible.

GoJohnnyGoGo

Well, unanimously the origin of the guitar is clear.

Thank you very much everyone for your help and contributions. I hope they have not only been useful to me but also for future Gibson buyers.

Hasta la vista!