• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I played a 'burst for the first time today!

miczap

I had the incredible opportunity today to spend a little bit of time with Candy (formerly of J.D Simo).

I wasn't sure if I'd ever get the chance to chance to get up close and personal with a 'burst so when I heard one was coming into my fave guitar haunt in Melbourne I made sure i'd be there.

I was surprised, in particular, at how much you can 'feel' in the fretting hand. People talk about guitars being responsive, but I've never felt as much of the music on any other instrument.

Things I'd also previously attributed to setup were super unique. Bending strings was more symbiotic than mechanical and notes seemed to bloom in very different ways than I'd heard before- though this could be half-placebo effect.

Anyway, now starts my journey towards being able to have one of these for my own.

c_wester

I had the incredible opportunity today to spend a little bit of time with Candy (formerly of J.D Simo).

I wasn't sure if I'd ever get the chance to chance to get up close and personal with a 'burst so when I heard one was coming into my fave guitar haunt in Melbourne I made sure i'd be there.

I was surprised, in particular, at how much you can 'feel' in the fretting hand. People talk about guitars being responsive, but I've never felt as much of the music on any other instrument.

Things I'd also previously attributed to setup were super unique. Bending strings was more symbiotic than mechanical and notes seemed to bloom in very different ways than I'd heard before- though this could be half-placebo effect.

Anyway, now starts my journey towards being able to have one of these for my own.

Before clothing gets in a bunch I believe its a reneck.

miczap

Before clothing gets in a bunch I believe its a reneck.

yeah look- it’s definitely a player... and despite the factory reneck, partial top repair and a whole lotta J.D wear, it’s still got ‘it’!

Last edited: