• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

A real clash of Les Paul titans

AA00475Bassman

This thread is ridiculous , you guys would eat your young . Just plain old bad TASTE !!

SpencerD

I agree with the previous poster. It's not only ridiculous,it's fucking stupid too.

What? -- Really? -- How high are you? :2cool

Big Al

Oh spare me the sanctimonious outrage you holier than thou fuckin' hypocrites.

deytookerjaabs

If I had more time I'd caption it out with an analysis adding points for every move.

JoB: descending triplet phrase in dmin pentatonic with a minor sweep then blamo huge whole step bend up to the root with 1/2 step vibrato!

+20!!

GaryM: Comes back with a diatonic glissando then punctuates a series of well executed in box stevie ray's but hits you with the diatnoic alternating 3rds up the high E string util he finishes you with, blamo, a whole step bend up to the root with 3/4 step vibrato!!

+25

It's clear the judges will have to decide. I'm going to cast my perfect 10 to Gary for giving the best cry of mercy face bar none:

Px9UZEcl.jpg

Overall, I give a B+. If you want to see some heavy minor jamz head to head check out Borat versus a hot mama at 1:15:

Big Al

Guitarist have been critical and comparing other musicians forever. It provides insight and clarity sometimes and sometimes bolsters personally held opinions. What it doesn't do is to decide anything. Regardless the opinions expressed, the ranking or polling pronounced, it doesn't elevate or diminish the very real accomplishments of the artists in question. The work speaks for itself and all things are not equal, everyone isn't affected in the same way.

To have the PC Police shooting off their oh so righteous big mouths, to belittle and chastise those expressing an opinion or preference, kinda defeats the purpose of a forum. So kiss my cancerous ass, I PREFER JOE!

So what are you gonna do about dat, huh? Gonna call me stupid? Ridiculous? On drugs?

Juanchi

Guitarist have been critical and comparing other musicians forever. It provides insight and clarity sometimes and sometimes bolsters personally held opinions. What it doesn't do is to decide anything. Regardless the opinions expressed, the ranking or polling pronounced, it doesn't elevate or diminish the very real accomplishments of the artists in question. The work speaks for itself and all things are not equal, everyone isn't affected in the same way.

To have the PC Police shooting off their oh so righteous big mouths, to belittle and chastise those expressing an opinion or preference, kinda defeats the purpose of a forum. So kiss my cancerous ass, I PREFER JOE!

So what are you gonna do about dat, huh? Gonna call me stupid? Ridiculous? On drugs?

Did JB provide you with those drugs? :laugh2:

Daytripper67

2 of the best ever....Joe really did a great tribute to Gary.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhoESCESBTw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gadge

I respect everyones taste in guitarists but for me its always the guy that plays the slowest and with feel, rather than the other end of the spectrum fast, furious, angry and loud and linear.