• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LP STUDIO pricing in the 1990s? Anyone remember?

Chris68

Hi all,

I've been searching all morning here and elsewhere for info on list prices or M.A.P pricing for Les Paul Studios back in 1991-1994. Any 90s pricing will do. (Interested in the regular Studios, not the Studio Lites or other unique models.)

Does anyone remember what he/she paid for a new LP Studio in the 90s?

Thanks for any info you can provide! I really appreciate it.

CJ

Acat800

I recall paying $800 for mine. Black/gold hardware. I think the case was extra $.

Grandturk

I remember when I was buying my first guitar in ‘91-‘92 that a white Les Paul Studio with gold hardware and an ebony fretboard was $999. By way of comparison, I know for certain a SG Special in 92 was $440 and a SG Standard was $200 more than the Special.

Chris68

Many thanks, Acat800 and Grandturk. I appreciate the replies. That's very helpful!

Trans-Am

$950 was the asking price in most stores here, then the sale or special promotions besides the boxing sale and so forth. So $800-850 is quite safe for on.:dude:

MasterOfReality

I just paid 800 for a used one from '97- its the best non-vintage Gibson I have ever played. SO resonant and plays like a dream.