• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

First String Change

soniccj7

First time changing the strings on my 2019 60's LP last night. I decided it was a good time to polish it and oil the fretboard. Being my first time, I did not know how easy it was for the bridge posts to spin. I bumped them with the cloth..

At first my action was to low and the 17th fret note was muted. I think I have the bridge close to where it was before, but when I play any of the strings open I hear a buzzing noise, fretted notes are fine.

Any ideas how I can resolve the open string noise?

My strings are Ernie Ball Super Slinky .11.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

El Gringo

First time changing the strings on my 2019 60's LP last night. I decided it was a good time to polish it and oil the fretboard. Being my first time, I did not know how easy it was for the bridge posts to spin. I bumped them with the cloth..

At first my action was to low and the 17th fret note was muted. I think I have the bridge close to where it was before, but when I play any of the strings open I hear a buzzing noise, fretted notes are fine.

Any ideas how I can resolve the open string noise?

My strings are Ernie Ball Super Slinky .11.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Try raising the bridge a half turn at a time and see what happens

El Gringo

That was it. Just needed to go a bit higher. Thank you

That worked ? That is so awesome , and there is nothing better than doing a fix yourself and then making music which is what it's all about and it does not get any better than that . BRAVO !

soniccj7

That worked ? That is so awesome , and there is nothing better than doing a fix yourself and then making music which is what it's all about and it does not get any better than that . BRAVO !

You are correct! I feel with the help from this forum there is nothing I can't fix on the guitar :D.

Now if someone can give me the GPS coordinates to the crossroads, I need to make a deal.