• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eric Clapton 1964 Firebird I

AA00475Bassman

I would spend some time playing one , my firebird 1's sounded nothing like a LP JR .

gmann

While I don't doubt it's a great guitar It's not an $8000 guitar, until you add Clapton's name to it.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I wouldn't pay 6000,00 for any new single pickup guitar !!

Even this one? :ganz

guitarist_edward_van_halen_1959_gibson_les_paul_standard_guitar_1980_live.jpg

El Gringo

Even this one? :ganz

guitarist_edward_van_halen_1959_gibson_les_paul_standard_guitar_1980_live.jpg

So that's what he did to his Burst that he got in the early 80's ? Did EVH also do something to the Toggle switch/pickup selector ? Where did the PAF neck pickup go ? In his parts drawer ? Jeez !

AA00475Bassman

So that's what he did to his Burst that he got in the early 80's ? Did EVH also do something to the Toggle switch/pickup selector ? Where did the PAF neck pickup go ? In his parts drawer ? Jeez !

Frankenstien has a PAF .

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

That is just a guitar pick wedged under the poker chip. :)

zombiwoof

The one thing I find promising about the new Clapton FB1 is that it has a new Alnico mag FB mini. I hope they made it with real vintage FB mini construction, and not the regular hb construction (with ceramic mag) of the regular current Gibson FB pickups, which also read very hot. Hoping this means Gibson will start putting real FB minis in the whole line soon. We'll see.
Al

TM1

The one thing I find promising about the new Clapton FB1 is that it has a new Alnico mag FB mini. I hope they made it with real vintage FB mini construction, and not the regular hb construction (with ceramic mag) of the regular current Gibson FB pickups, which also read very hot. Hoping this means Gibson will start putting real FB minis in the whole line soon. We'll see.
Al
Let’s hope it’s about 5 to 6k & not anything over 8k..

AA00475Bassman

GC is pre selling for 7999.99 the EC Firebird 1 9/29/2019 will ship . Limited numbers better slap leather now !!!!!

I own 3 Historic Firebirds a V with alnico the other two ceramic all three are great sounding guitars IMO !!