• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eric Clapton 1964 Firebird I

AA00475Bassman

The one thing I find promising about the new Clapton FB1 is that it has a new Alnico mag FB mini. I hope they made it with real vintage FB mini construction, and not the regular hb construction (with ceramic mag) of the regular current Gibson FB pickups, which also read very hot. Hoping this means Gibson will start putting real FB minis in the whole line soon. We'll see.
Al
Ceramics do not play hot IMO to much Focus on a number !!

RocknRollShakeUp

Even if that EC I has an Alnico 2 FB pickup...that's what, like about a $4000 mark up for that pickup?... buahaha no thanks. Has Gibson ever heard of the great boutique FB pickups available out there from Klein, Lollar, Mojotone, Seymour Duncan, et.al.? These don't cost anywhere 4 grand :laugh2:Gibson cracks me up sometimes..

Pip

I just think the pricing on these artist models is crazy, nice guitar but you are going to get a fantastic Lester for that.

TheSalmon

I was curious if anyone would know how to find out more details about what specific employee would have made a custom shop guitar? I have this guitar, and I must say that it is the most gorgeous looking and sounding guitar I have ever played. I want to interview whoever made this guitar to find out as many minute details as possible. "Vintage construction methods" is simply not enough. It is a work of art and I admire it and play it every day. The price tag might seem high, but when it's in your hands you're not thinking about how much it costs. It's an overwhelming, transcendent Rock 'n' Roll machine. If you happen to be a Gibson Custom Shop employee and you read this, thank you!

Clapton is God... :dude:

AA00475Bassman

I was curious if anyone would know how to find out more details about what specific employee would have made a custom shop guitar? I have this guitar, and I must say that it is the most gorgeous looking and sounding guitar I have ever played. I want to interview whoever made this guitar to find out as many minute details as possible. "Vintage construction methods" is simply not enough. It is a work of art and I admire it and play it every day. The price tag might seem high, but when it's in your hands you're not thinking about how much it costs. It's an overwhelming, transcendent Rock 'n' Roll machine. If you happen to be a Gibson Custom Shop employee and you read this, thank you!

Clapton is God... :dude:
I believe a multitude of Craftsman work on a Custom shop build .