• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

First Post; NGD (LP Axcess Custom Bengal Burst, Stop Tail)

Niloy63

See your point on the customisations and yes - the emotional connection is big thing, first Les Paul I bought. I had been wanting one for so long.
Also on the money side with recent price increases in the UK, think it I sold them both I'd only get around half way to something from the Custom Shop. So for now will try and control the GAS (!) and enjoy my guitars.

You've a very nice collection yourself! :)

:salude Thank you! And I think you have a safe plan for sure! So many buddies I've seen kick themselves in the ass all the time for selling gear that they had a connection with. Wouldn't want you to join that unfortunate crowd. Would you consider the used market overseas from a reputable dealer, one with a solid return policy? I would assume you would save some considerable cash.

STC

:salude Thank you! And I think you have a safe plan for sure! So many buddies I've seen kick themselves in the ass all the time for selling gear that they had a connection with. Wouldn't want you to join that unfortunate crowd. Would you consider the used market overseas from a reputable dealer, one with a solid return policy? I would assume you would save some considerable cash.

Totally agree - also I'm not really one to chop and change, right or wrong - I end up thinking for ages before pulling the trigger. By that time I'm usually pretty sure!

Would absolutely consider used. Think it's that bond thing again - I'd have to shift my USA Classic with P90 before getting another but do like it.

Ah well - it's all good fun eh? :)

Niloy63

Totally agree - also I'm not really one to chop and change, right or wrong - I end up thinking for ages before pulling the trigger. By that time I'm usually pretty sure!

Would absolutely consider used. Think it's that bond thing again - I'd have to shift my USA Classic with P90 before getting another but do like it.

Ah well - it's all good fun eh? :)

Haha definitely all good fun!! :yah Minus practicing scales, of course. :##

Bobhu

Hi,
New to the forum so please be patient :)
I'm looking at the exact same guitar, Gibson Axcess in Bengal Burst. I think it looks utterly amazing!
I have or had a few Gibsons. One was my LP studio and the other, which I currently own is a ES 137.
The Studio was ok. but just ok. Played it for a while and ultimately sold it. So to replace it I bought a PRS McCarty which I still have (1998)
I have never played an Axcess so I have no idea what to expect?
I know how the PRS brand is but not the newer Gibson brand.
Just looking for a little guidance about a purchase for now,
Thank you in advance.

Bobhu

Well no response to my question and the guitar is no longer available.