• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Old Mesa Boogie Mark III

pelle

I bought a second hand Boogie a few months ago and thought I would post about it. I have had a Lone Star Special and Mark V 25 in the past and while they were nice amps they weren't the sound I was after.I decided to try a full size Mark and began looking online,in particular for a wood cabinet and wicker grille combination.While looking I found an add for an older Mark III that looked fantastic and had a lot of the features I wanted. I took a chance and bought it and can't believe how great it is.
The amp is a simul-class no stripe 1985 Mark III with the 105 power transformer,reverb and graphic eq.It has the original EVM-12L speaker and is housed in an Imbuia cab with wicker grille.In 2017 this amp was sent back to the Mesa factory for service and upgrades. Pretty much every available option was added... the III+/IIIC+/IIC+ circuit upgrade, R2 volume addition, reverb fix, as well as a pentode/triode switch. The amp also had a general service and cap job.The amp shipped with a pair of 415 6L6s and 416 EL34s. Besides loving how the amp looks,it is amazing how versatile it is,great cleans through to heavy distortion.It took a while but I think I found the Boogie I have been searching all this time!

https://www.facebook.com/johnw.whyte/media_set?set=a.2701326799891503&type=3
media_set
photo.php

Last edited:

Wally

Is this amp done in the new Vanta Black which would go invisible against that black background????

Big Al

Is this amp done in the new Vanta Black which would go invisible against that black background????

HEY WALLY!!!!!:eek:la Still sniffin' solder and burnin' fingertips?

I bet that boogie has a real clear tone, with transparent responce.