• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question about Les Paul Studios

squid8286

Do the Les Paul Studios follow the same years as the Standards for weight relief chambering and hole drilling?

jabsalt

Don’t know for sure but I would think so. You probably have to check year by year specs to get a better idea

Kutt

Do the Les Paul Studios follow the same years as the Standards for weight relief chambering and hole drilling?

If it helps, my first LP was a 2006 Studio and it arrived, unbeknownst to me at the time, chambered. From what I researched Gibson began chambering them either in 2006 or late 2005. I lost track of ongoing changes somewhere around 2010. They have been all over the place the last 10+ years, constantly changing specs, so you really do need to take each instrument on a case-by-case basis for the most part.

squid8286

Thank you both for the info. I was beginning to think the answer was so obvious that it was a dumb question! I just bought an '05 Standard, and it apparently has the 9 holes drilled in it, but no chambering. I was just curious if the Studios followed the same pattern. From what you told me, apparently they do. I was told that the Standards began chambering in late '05 or early '06, and prior to that, they were drilled out, starting in the late 70's or early '80's. I appreciate it!