• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Original 1960's P90's?

musekatcher

Just picked up a short neck 330, and could use some help with identifying the pickups. Most items on the guitar appear to be original. Lots of play wear, no major trauma other than a possible headstock repair. Appreciate the help. Here's some pics:

es330 pt3.jpg

es330 pt2.jpg
es330.jpg

Bridge measures 8.47k, neck measures 8.36k

musekatcher

es330.jpg

Better picture, about to add the correct butterbean tuners, and gold speed knobs, pickguard on the way.

musekatcher

Why do you suspect they’re possibly not original?

Condition and price - however, its in much better shape than I thought, and I'm pretty sure these are 60's P90s and original now. I've been working on the action and intonation all day, and working the controls, great guitar. Can't wait to gig it this weekend, hoping feedback won't be an issue.

musekatcher

I thought I'd add, this guitar lived up in a live setting. I definitely get the P90 affinity, and these were reasonably quiet and smooth, very versatile from clean to mean. Really enjoying this six string.