• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ten years after (not the band...)

GastonG

Got this Pearly 10 years ago on August 17th 2009 ! I nicknamed that Les Paul, ma "Perle rare" !
BG073_Aug17_2019_pr.jpg

Gaston :salude

Last edited:

goldtop0

That's a real beauty Gaston:2cool
When I went to the Memphis Gibson shop back in 2011 I tried out all the CS LPs that they had there and the Pearly came out well on top.
I loved the neck shape especially......slightly chunky and full in the left hand.........one of the better runs without a doubt.

PS had to do a double take with your thread title though.........thought.......has it gone that fast:lol

GastonG

You mean a week ago. :)

Thanks kats ! (I made the correction on the first post) I took the picture on August 17th 2019 ! but I, in fact, got my Pearly on August 17th 2009 !

:salude

The Boz 56

Got this Pearly 10 years ago on August 17th 2009 ! I nicknamed that Les Paul, ma "Perle rare" !
BG073_Aug17_2019_pr.jpg

Beautiful Gaston! I got mine July 29 2009 and been playing it ever since! Remember this one BG 099 The Great Gretzky:

Pearly081709a.jpg

DSC_1347.jpg

DSC_1345.jpg

normal_DSC_1340_edited-1.jpg

GastonG

Beautiful Gaston! I got mine July 29 2009 and been playing it ever since! Remember this one BG 099 The Great Gretzky:/QUOTE]

Most buyers of this serie kept them and are still playing it ! :dude:

The Boz 56, your Pearly is exceptional ! (so is the tone I guess, since you kept it and you're playing it ever since !).

The Boz 56

Beautiful Gaston! I got mine July 29 2009 and been playing it ever since! Remember this one BG 099 The Great Gretzky:/QUOTE]

Most buyers of this serie kept them and are still playing it ! :dude:

The Boz 56, your Pearly is exceptional ! (so is the tone I guess, since you kept it and you're playing it ever since !).

I've been taking it to every gig Gaston. I like the brightness of the Duncan Pearly Gates pickups and I really think they had some Honduras Mahogany that they were afraid would get them in trouble with the Feds so they used it up before the raid in Nov 2009 lol!

GastonG

I've been taking it to every gig Gaston. I like the brightness of the Duncan Pearly Gates pickups and I really think they had some Honduras Mahogany that they were afraid would get them in trouble with the Feds so they used it up before the raid in Nov 2009 lol!

You're so right about the brightness of those "specific" Duncan PG pickups; they do sound familiar...

I found out not many years ago that when Billy Gibbons paid a visit to the Custom Shop on July 5th 2009, BG073 was the last one in the rack (following pictures).
BG073atCustomShop_july2009_1.jpg

There are indeed some unmistakable "marks" !
BG073atCustomShop_july2009_2.jpg

Cool !
:salude

GastonG

What I really dig also on this Les Paul, is the neckset (you can't fit another set of thumbwheels under the bridge); playability is quite something !
burst90910_BG073_neckset.jpg

Compared to my ex-burst 9 0910, neckset on both guitars is low.

Last edited:

rockabilly69

the only time I ever played one of those I was blown away by the tone. I've had a few sets of Duncan Pearly Gates pickups, but the ones in these reissues sound way better. And Boz 56 that Pearly of yours has the bald spot! And Gaston that type of flame is my favorite little squiggles.

Here's my 60 reissue it has that type of flame to a lesser extent...

JCOvjgq.jpg