• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Mojoaxe wrap around bridge question

Bill Kemp

Hello

I was thinking of purchasing a Mojoaxe wraparound bridge for my newly acquired 1993 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Special (TV Yellow)

The guitar presently has a Leo Quan Badass bridge on it and I would like to have a more original look to the guitar

Has anyone used one of these Bridges and if so what were your imoressions

The one I would be getting is the 50's style and not the lightning bolt style as the posts on my guitar are offset

Thanks for your assistance

Bill

RocknRollShakeUp

Hello

I was thinking of purchasing a Mojoaxe wraparound bridge for my newly acquired 1993 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Special (TV Yellow)

The guitar presently has a Leo Quan Badass bridge on it and I would like to have a more original look to the guitar

Has anyone used one of these Bridges and if so what were your imoressions

The one I would be getting is the 50's style and not the lightning bolt style as the posts on my guitar are offset

Thanks for your assistance

Bill

I have one on my Historic R4 and it’s great. No complaints, does help with intonation and looks great. No regrets, I’d buy again. I use the locking tonepros stainless steel Long Vintage bridge screws with it so that I eliminate bridge tilt, but bridge tilt may not bother you or be a big issue. It depends on the specs and tolerances of your bridge screws how tightly the Mojoaxe will slot into the screws. If you do get the locking screws you may need the regular length instead of the Long Vintage, as your guitar may not have the long studs like the Historics. Maybe someone else can help with this. Good luck and cool guitar!

Bill Kemp

Thanks for your thoughts. The guitar came with a Leo Quan Badass wraparound bridge on it. It has perfect intonation but just does not have the look of the wraparound bridge

i don't know if the studs are original as I am unsure if the Leo Quan one had special studs or if it just fit the original ones.

Bill

AA00475Bassman

I installed one on my 2018 single cut JR change the overall dynamics of the guitar !! Buy one !!!

Bill Kemp

When you say it changed the overall dynamics of the guitar may I ask you to try and describe what you mean please

Bill

ie. If I take the Leo Quan bridge off and install the Mojoaxe one what do you think will happen to the sound of my guitar

AA00475Bassman

How well the guitar tunes 7 stays tuned = just a better sounding guitar a real joy to play !!

Bruce R

Special & Amps 2.jpg

I purchased one for my '07 1960 Reissue Special and love it. Spot-on intonation and it looks perfect. No regrets.

Patek

I used one on my 1953 LP wrap, which had superb intonation for its age but there were a few spots which could have done with improvement. The mojo axe completely cleaned it up, but retained 100% of the tone.. it was a game changer!

i now don’t have the LP anymore so the bridge is for sale, however you’re in the US and I already imported it to the UK so no good for you

gmann

I've never had a wraptail guitar that didn't have the MojoAxe tailpiece. I love them and highly recommend them.

Bill Kemp

Well

I decided to send Dan at Mojoaxe an email and ordered my new Mojoaxe wraparound bridge

hopefully it is as lovely as you guys say it is

Bill

MCHolley

Yes,

As they have all said - do it! I have one on my R4, and love it. My issue, is I want them for 4 other guitars that have wrap around's.

Good Decision!

Mark