• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

58/64 Korina Flying V

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I dearly love the Korina Modernistic guitars! This one does fit with what is known about the "Latter-Day" Korinas, including the right case, etc.

Having said that, if I was a serious buyer, I wouldn't go near that thing without some heavy-duty outside expertise. I feel pretty capable with the usual vintage models but identifying original Korina is a bridge too far...

It IS cool, though! :dude:

El Gringo

What is the reason for the back of the peghead being black ? Is it like a stinger ? Which if it is what is the purpose or reason for a stinger or is it purely cosmetic ? Which if it is cosmetic how does that enhance the beauty ? Sorry for being naïve on the issue of stingers .

TM1

Lloyd, who owns Voltage is a pretty straight up guy. I'd have no reason to doubt anything he says about an instrument.

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I believe the stinger in the "V" was used to hide the spline.