• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Brought a little somethin' back from Chicago

wsaraceni

So much flame!!!! Very nice.

Yes, and I'll say I really liked both of the 2019 CME-Spec R8's that were available to play, my favorites of the bunch & my "final two," though I didn't try the stuff too far out of my range. You'll have to ask about pricing etc, you can message Mr. David @CMExchange who posts'em on this forum.

Thanks. I’ll message him once I get closer to having funds ready. No point to bother before that.

The dark boards on these really are a nice feature that’s sets the looks off from the others.

wsaraceni

This thread did a few things for me. As just about 3 weeks back I went to CHicago for work and took an Uber over to CME. I’ve been wanting a R8 or R9 forever. But generally I never play them because I don’t want to disappoint myself when I don’t buy it. Anyways, I’ve been getting more serious lately, selling stuff and saving the funds. I decided to try three or 4. All custom shop bursts but no clue on the model. One was a used one on a couch. Another on a stand next to it. One or two that caught my eye on the racks. All good. Nothing blew me away though. Then I saw one of the best looking ones. It’s very similar to yours in looks. dark board. “Plain” top that’s actually pretty good figuring. I had really hoped this wasn’t the one. It wasn’t. So I sold a few more things, contacted CME and the. Bought my first les Paul. I wonder if I ended up with the other one out of your “final two”

Thanks for not buying the one I fell for.

Thanks for lighting a fire under my ..

Enjoy your guitar. Can’t wait for mine to ship hopefully tomorrow.

deytookerjaabs

This thread did a few things for me. As just about 3 weeks back I went to CHicago for work and took an Uber over to CME. I’ve been wanting a R8 or R9 forever. But generally I never play them because I don’t want to disappoint myself when I don’t buy it. Anyways, I’ve been getting more serious lately, selling stuff and saving the funds. I decided to try three or 4. All custom shop bursts but no clue on the model. One was a used one on a couch. Another on a stand next to it. One or two that caught my eye on the racks. All good. Nothing blew me away though. Then I saw one of the best looking ones. It’s very similar to yours in looks. dark board. “Plain” top that’s actually pretty good figuring. I had really hoped this wasn’t the one. It wasn’t. So I sold a few more things, contacted CME and the. Bought my first les Paul. I wonder if I ended up with the other one out of your “final two”

Thanks for not buying the one I fell for.

Thanks for lighting a fire under my ..

Enjoy your guitar. Can’t wait for mine to ship hopefully tomorrow.

Oh man, if it's the CME spec one you got a bad boy. The other CME spec was my second choice but who knows how many there were in total as I didn't count. Unplugged, it was louder, vibrated a bit more and a bit more aggressive than the one I picked out. I chose mine because it had something that sounds stupid if you try to explain it but it has a certain kind of "tone suck" softness unplugged yet somehow gave it a ton of clarity/articulation plugged in. Some of the reissues were so boomy & big they almost sounded like an ES guitar on the neck pickup. To some, I may have picked out the worst guitar, lol, but for me it reminded most of what I wanted to hear/feel in my head.

wsaraceni

Oh man, if it's the CME spec one you got a bad boy. The other CME spec was my second choice but who knows how many there were in total as I didn't count. Unplugged, it was louder, vibrated a bit more and a bit more aggressive than the one I picked out. I chose mine because it had something that sounds stupid if you try to explain it but it has a certain kind of "tone suck" softness unplugged yet somehow gave it a ton of clarity/articulation plugged in. Some of the reissues were so boomy & big they almost sounded like an ES guitar on the neck pickup. To some, I may have picked out the worst guitar, lol, but for me it reminded most of what I wanted to hear/feel in my head.

It was actually this one. Vibrated a bit more is exactly how in described it to a few other people. Thanks for not buying it. Glad you enjoy yours. It looks amazing. I think there were 4 CMe R8’s there when I was there.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...quity-burst-vos-2019-serial-cme90055/21469544