• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Brought a little somethin' back from Chicago

deytookerjaabs

And boy am I glad I went. It was a fantastic weekend: killer food, my good time buddies pouring liquor like water off halsted, trampled around the beach and, oh, stopped in to my old stomping ground CME where Mr. David sold me one of those Les Paul models off their giant wall:

NJ95rALh.jpg

7GEBLf4h.jpg

oGumpXKh.jpg

L3oIMr5h.jpg

To think I was going to buy online, silly me, the one I had on hold was not my fav and the one I bought was a very easy choice after spending much time fiddlin' about one after another. Sure, had to give up a couple things too but 100% worth it, would do again. Oh, and that binding bleed is a mother****er, the more you play the more it bleeds! I miss the great north.

JPP-1

congrats on a sweet LP. I really like tops like that

And boy am I glad I went. It was a fantastic weekend: killer food, my good time buddies pouring liquor like water off halsted, trampled around the beach and, oh, stopped in to my old stomping ground CME where Mr. David sold me one of those Les Paul models off their giant wall:

NJ95rALh.jpg

7GEBLf4h.jpg

oGumpXKh.jpg

L3oIMr5h.jpg

To think I was going to buy online, silly me, the one I had on hold was not my fav and the one I bought was a very easy choice after spending much time fiddlin' about one after another. Sure, had to give up a couple things too but 100% worth it, would do again. Oh, and that binding bleed is a mother****er, the more you play the more it bleeds! I miss the great north.

corpse

Happy NGD. I am still in the "not even to be remotely interested" phase due to the honeymoon with my new 2018 R9. Came from CME.
Nice nice piece you got- hope you had the spare liver...

deytookerjaabs

Thanks fellas! Yup, the board is dark and dense. In fact, after cleaning it there wasn't any brown that came up on the cloth so it's the real deal, hehe.

That said, looks were not involved in the purchase, they all looked good in person and even some the standards/traditionals had real nice tops too.

The damage wasn't too bad after trade ins etc. Technically it's a plain top R8 but it's a CME model where they spec'd R9 frets and an R9 neck carve and some other changed specs IIRC, I think the pickups too. So far I only seem to like it more with every passing hour, practiced on it all week, brought it out last night, rehearsal today, etc. Good Times :peace2

cds1951

NJ95rALh.jpg

7GEBLf4h.jpg

oGumpXKh.jpg

L3oIMr5h.jpg

I took my two 2015 True Historics to a decent repair man who scrapped the binding white and rolled it so it looked correct. Love not having pink binding ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

wsaraceni

this looks great. is it one of the CME serial R8 with all R9 specs? im looking at one of the guitars they have listed on reverb. wondering if they deal on the price at all

deytookerjaabs

moaner/biter I think Big Al coined those terms:)

I'm glad u found one that you like, and me, I prefer the biters, the way they cut through the mix. Here's mine (R0)...

JCOvjgq.jpg

So much flame!!!! Very nice.

this looks great. is it one of the CME serial R8 with all R9 specs? im looking at one of the guitars they have listed on reverb. wondering if they deal on the price at all

Yes, and I'll say I really liked both of the 2019 CME-Spec R8's that were available to play, my favorites of the bunch & my "final two," though I didn't try the stuff too far out of my range. You'll have to ask about pricing etc, you can message Mr. David @CMExchange who posts'em on this forum.