• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question: Anyone played the Les Paul 60s Tribute High Performance guitars?

jonshorterband

I'm considering trading my Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 (a little older but excellent condition, made in England) and 300 dollars for an excellent condition (a little buckle rash but that's it) ebony satin finish Les Paul 60s Tribute HP (the one with the p90s). Is this a good trade? I'm thinking so, but I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts.

sonar

If your real question is if it's a good trade, then no.

An ebony, 60's LP Tribute with P90's is not worth the $800-850 investment you are offering the seller.

edselman

Not a good trade in my opinion. Save your money and purchase a new or used Les Paul after you have had a chance to carefully consider all of the available Les Paul models.

jonshorterband

If your real question is if it's a good trade, then no.

An ebony, 60's LP Tribute with P90's is not worth the $800-850 investment you are offering the seller.

You really don't think so? I mean it's the high performance version with the fast-access heel joint and G force tuning system (which is really convenient for me, as one of the bands I'm in plays in Eb almost exclusively). Also, I already have a pretty good humbucker guitar- a Schecter C1 Classic w/thru neck, seymour duncans, grover tuners, quilted maple top, and vine of life fretboard inlay. What price would you pay for this guitar w/hard shell case? I think they were somewhere around 1,600 new weren't they?

lvidal

This is a The Les Paul Forum and people here are telling you that your trade deal to get a Les Paul is not a good one. I think you should listen to them.

jonshorterband

This is a The Les Paul Forum and people here are telling you that your trade deal to get a Les Paul is not a good one. I think you should listen to them.
Yeah fair enough lol but I mean, shouldn't I take some of this with a grain of salt? I appreciate the feedback, but doesn't like 90 percent of this forum own a much higher-end LP? I have a 1 year old and don't have like 2.5k to just shell out for a nicer model.

sonar

Yeah fair enough lol but I mean, shouldn't I take some of this with a grain of salt? I appreciate the feedback, but doesn't like 90 percent of this forum own a much higher-end LP? I have a 1 year old and don't have like 2.5k to just shell out for a nicer model.

I have the same 2008 Les Paul Standard Faded model I bought new for $1225.00.

If you're voluntarily bringing up a 1 year old, and you already have a guitar that works for you, then maybe your priorities are a little mixed up?

And sure, take our advice with a grain of salt. This being the internet and all...

but you did ask, on a forum dedicated to Les Paul guitars. The deal you asked about kinda sucks.