• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LesPaul Std Original 50s Has ABR-1 Bridge BUTTT has Nashville Bushings and Wheels ...

Bluezguy

Is this a joke or what??? Who else has purchased a new LP Std Original 50s and has the same setup?? Gibson support told me to email service tomorrow and ask them.

Big Al

No joke. The USA Standard is spec'd closer to a 50's model but is not a replica. For that you have the Custom Shop replica models. The ABR on Nashville bushing mount works great and has advantages, imo. One I've used since late 70's.

Compared to previous models I think this new/old version is excellent. Why look for a negative and get so indignant?

AJCR

I too don't see why it immediately should be classed as a joke. You are applying artificial standards to a guitar, or somehow making out there is deception involved.
As far as I know, there is no law that requires an ABR to sit on threaded rod if it is mounted to a guitar.

You have the look of the abr setup, but with a more sturdy long term wood connection. It's a win win for someone who is buying the guitar for playing related reasons.

grimlyflick

Given the love for the ABR but the convenience of the Nashville I would’ve thought most people would be over the moon with the upgrade.
:rolleyes

sliberty

And, this shouldn’t have been a surprise. It’s been discussed since these guitars were announced. It’s actually a very good balance of features. And my 50’s is just a wonderful instrument. As Frank Zappa once said (no disrespect intended, just a quote) “Shut up and play your guitar”.