• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Damage on my 2018 Les Paul CH. How well can it be fixed?

Tor

Thank you for all the nice comments! So far I'm glad that I joined this forum :)

Tor

Beautiful guitar! I am glad to hear to got your baby fixed, but $485 for that repair was highway robbery. My R8 had 3 or 4 similar dings on the back of the neck and my luthier charged me $40 to fix it. He told me the process is easy. He filled the dings with multiple coats of lacquer letting each coat dry until the ding was filled. He was doing a refret at the time, so maybe he gave me a better deal on the ding repair. He leveled the fretboard, refretted with stainless frets, installed a new bone nut and fixed those dings I mentioned. Total cost for all that was $390.

I don't really got anything to compared it too price vice, so it's hard to say. With all respect, remember I'am living in Norway, where salary, taxes and general living cost are a bit higher then US.
We are few people and there's not that many that can make a living from fixing guitars. I had a 4 hours drive to get mine done :laugh2:

Last edited:

KR1

I don't rely got anything to compared it too price vice, so it's hard to say. With all respect, remember I'am living in Norway, where salary, taxes and general living cost are a bit higher then US.
We are few people and there's not that many that can make a living from fixing guitars. I had a 4 hours drive to get mine done :laugh2:

Tor,

Given the typical costs in Norway, and the results of the repair to your Historic LP, I think you did well.

Lacquer finishes that incorporate tint over dyed pore filler have a translucent quality that is nearly impossible to spot-repair with an invisible blend. One can get close, and it looks like the tech who did your work knew how to do that.

All good.

Tor

Tor,

Given the typical costs in Norway, and the results of the repair to your Historic LP, I think you did well.

Lacquer finishes that incorporate tint over dyed pore filler have a translucent quality that is nearly impossible to spot-repair with an invisible blend. One can get close, and it looks like the tech who did your work knew how to do that.

All good.

Thank you! And i notice several of your answers earlier in the post, and you seem to know a bit on how these repairs work and what you could expect as a finished result.
So it's somewhat comforting hearing that this is actually a good work and on par of what you could expect.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the result, and yes, it wasn't cheap, but I din't find it to expensive either. :)

Trans-Am

Drop filled, leveled, buffed out, etc.

I would agree with this one as my personal choice as well or just play the heck out of it and make it work with a history and character of a well used Paul.:dude:

ps. Perfect for an aged look, just have to rub a lot of sweat and oil to it.:peace2