• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 Explorer

maplebaby

Just got this 2019 Explorer...i've wanted one for a long time and very pleased with. If you have one and would share a pic or your thoughts about this unique Gibson guitar would be appreciated!

gWUsc85l.jpg

ABeYNkRl.jpg

deytookerjaabs

I don't have one but the examples in the local shops look/play wonderfully, congrats!

maplebaby

I don't have one but the examples in the local shops look/play wonderfully, congrats!

thanks for checking this out..you have some great local shops around you! Was in Carter's a week ago and also got some work done at Joe Glaser's place.

jb_abides

Congrats.

I picked up a 2018 lefty Explorer (and Flying V in aged cherry, actually) after years of holding out for a good example. 2018s have the grenadillo not rosewood, but I'm fine with that...

Love the neck profiles on these and of course the Explorer sits well in the lap, while the V is either crotch-propped or on strap. You need to find your right approach to the Explore on strap, but nothing too troublesome.

Both are great playing, great sounding performers with superb fit n' finish - got what I consider a good price and service from Sweetwater.

Enjoy! :salude

maplebaby

Congrats.

I picked up a 2018 lefty Explorer (and Flying V in aged cherry, actually) after years of holding out for a good example. 2018s have the grenadillo not rosewood, but I'm fine with that...

Love the neck profiles on these and of course the Explorer sits well in the lap, while the V is either crotch-propped or on strap. You need to find your right approach to the Explore on strap, but nothing too troublesome.

Both are great playing, great sounding performers with superb fit n' finish - got what I consider a good price and service from Sweetwater.

Enjoy! :salude

congrats on two killer guitars! I'm glad you have them after thinking about both for awhile. That's my story too...always wanted an Explorer (and V for that matter) and the new prices combined with the more traditional look of the new models did it for me. Enjoy!

jb_abides

congrats on two killer guitars! I'm glad you have them after thinking about both for awhile. That's my story too...always wanted an Explorer (and V for that matter) and the new prices combined with the more traditional look of the new models did it for me. Enjoy!

Thanks... 'xZactly! Kudos to Gibson for going this route. :salude

K_L

Great looking guitar! Interesting that Gibson chose to not dress these w/ gold hardware & vintage style knobs. The chrome hardware is a cool looking alternative--maybe a 'tip of the hat' to the Explorers that became available in 1963.

sws1

Here's my 2019. Just a bit over 8lbs. I love it.

I tried a 2018 a year or so ago, and hated it. Probably just THAT guitar, but it was dead as a doorknob. This guitar is so vibrant. Looks great on stage too.

vy3SMx4h.png

maplebaby

Great looking guitar! Interesting that Gibson chose to not dress these w/ gold hardware & vintage style knobs. The chrome hardware is a cool looking alternative--maybe a 'tip of the hat' to the Explorers that became available in 1963.

thanks...they def are kind of a 'basic' look. I know a lot of folks like the gold HW..i've never cared for it but that's just a taste thing so when these came out at the price point they are and the nickle and natural wood my long time goal of owning one seem like it needed to happen.

Love your avatar pic...is that your Explorer?

maplebaby

Here's my 2019. Just a bit over 8lbs. I love it.

I tried a 2018 a year or so ago, and hated it. Probably just THAT guitar, but it was dead as a doorknob. This guitar is so vibrant. Looks great on stage too.

vy3SMx4h.png

Congrats! Love your Explorer..the wood looks fantastic and i'm glad you like it better than the previous one. Yours is very light - i think it surprises some people that these are NOT heavy guitars. I seriously haven't put mine in the case since i've had it - play it every day - all the best with your music and would love to hear about your band(s) if you have time and want to share.