Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Explorer

Re: 2019 Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    thx, K_L

Playability is close and fantastic. I mean, mahogany neck, palisander fretboard and same fret size, well, what can u expect? The ´17 and ´19 neck have a little more wood compared to he 2000 LE, but the LE neck is in no way thin.....for my taste.

Dont want to hijack maplebaby´s thread about his 2019. So, about the 2019: the BB 2/3 sound nice, the guitar growls like it should. Great sustain. I changed the mounting rings for the higher historic version, just b/c i like it when top of the pickups and rings are nearly at a hight. Also installed the Faber inserts + Faber ABR/STP. oh, and historic knobs + pointers

The 2017 has more power, b/c of the higher output i guess. The 2000 has a little more growl than the others and from what i can see, it has a one piece body

The amp is indeed the JCM800 studio version. Highly recommended. Love this amp

great post...thanks for sharing! This pic is killer - love the knobs and the guitar just looks like you want to pick it up quick and play it!

The Explorer is under the radar for a lot of people and it was for me for a lot of years but i don't think i've been as excited about any guitar i've gotten as much as i am the Explorer. Thanks for sharing some of your story!

Thank you for replying & for describing your great looking Explorers--they all look GREAT!! I think the Gibson Explorer is the coolest looking guitar on the planet & fun to play as well! Here`s a video of me playing my original `76--it is a fantastic guitar [although it`s tone has become a little too 'bassy' thru the years]. It has big neck & big tones too! Please excuse the playing--however I am playing thru an original 50w JCM 800 single channel '2204'--great guitar & great amp too!
    https://vimeo.com/349982966

thx, K_L

Playability is close and fantastic. I mean, mahogany neck, palisander fretboard and same fret size, well, what can u expect? The ´17 and ´19 neck have a little more wood compared to he 2000 LE, but the LE neck is in no way thin.....for my taste.

Dont want to hijack maplebaby´s thread about his 2019. So, about the 2019: the BB 2/3 sound nice, the guitar growls like it should. Great sustain. I changed the mounting rings for the higher historic version, just b/c i like it when top of the pickups and rings are nearly at a hight. Also installed the Faber inserts + Faber ABR/STP. oh, and historic knobs + pointers

The 2017 has more power, b/c of the higher output i guess. The 2000 has a little more growl than the others and from what i can see, it has a one piece body

Thank you for replying & for telling me about your Explorers--they look great! And I bet they sound great too! Here`s a video w/ me playing my original `76. It`s a great guitar with great tones--and I`m playing thru an original JCM 800 50w '2204' amp--a nice combination! Please excuse the sloppy playing...nothing but garage junk!

thx, K_L

Les Paul Forum Member stephan_l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K_L View Post
    Thank you for replying & for telling me about your Explorers--they look great! And I bet they sound great too! Here`s a video w/ me playing my original `76. It`s a great guitar with great tones--and I`m playing thru an original JCM 800 50w '2204' amp--a nice combination! Please excuse the sloppy playing...nothing but garage junk!
    That sounds great. Your neighbours love you? Hope they like good Marshall tone. Very nice

The Explorer looks so cool and ´58-like. Yesssssssss......

Quote Originally Posted by K_L View Post
    beautiful guitar & great pic!

That sounds great. Your neighbours love you? Hope they like good Marshall tone. Very nice

The Explorer looks so cool and ´58-like. Yesssssssss......
    Thank you!! It is a great sounding & playing guitar! Thankfully that video was at my gracious friend`s house as he lets me terrorize his neighbors occasionally! I can`t play that loud in my home/neighborhood ! I love your 3 Explorers as well as everyone else`s that posted pictures of theirs here in this thread--Gibson Explorers are awesome guitars I think!

Quote Originally Posted by wmachine View Post
    Don't know why there are "dud" Explorers, but I have one too. A 2016 that is dead unplugged, and not a lot better plugged in. Only (newer) Gibson I have of any model that is dead.

I'm not that upset, as it made me go out and get another one, and I got this rather rare '79 E2. It is a gem!

That '79 is just gorgeous, nice burst, and the cream pick ups just look so good with the pickguard *drool*

Quote Originally Posted by GoldTopBunny View Post
    That '79 is just gorgeous, nice burst, and the cream pick ups just look so good with the pickguard *drool*
    you have 2 Explorers - jealous! Agree cream pups look killer

add a few more pics..

a vid of my Explorer - RIP Allen Collins and Co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMofdmm1S8

Les Paul Forum Member Strings Jr.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    a vid of my Explorer - RIP Allen Collins and Co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMofdmm1S8
    Great job! The Explorer sounds awesome.

I have to tip my hat to Austin Vitucci on that song too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strings Jr. View Post
    Great job! The Explorer sounds awesome.

I have to tip my hat to Austin Vitucci on that song too!!
    indeed...of course i have to ask how you know Austin?

Les Paul Forum Member Strings Jr.'s Avatar

indeed...of course i have to ask how you know Austin?
    I don't know him personally.

I've just become a major LLB fan in the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Strings Jr. View Post
    I don't know him personally.

I've just become a major LLB fan in the last couple of weeks.
    sure appreciate you checking out the vids!

In the Zone/Backstage Pass

Everybody needs an Explorer! One thing I do is move the neck strap button to the back, by the heel. I just like the way it hangs that way better. Same thing on Firebirds. Rock on!

Guess that was a stupid question
    Last edited by Shannon; 11-16-19 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Guess that was a stupid question

what was the question?

Too Kool Maplebaby & a fine looking guit at that! One Gibson that is the Dark Horse of the Gibson lineup. They certainly have a sound of their own....

I really dig the YT vid w/ Joe B putting one through it's paces (high marks for those backup singers as well)

><><><
    RnB

Quote Originally Posted by RnB View Post
    Too Kool Maplebaby & a fine looking guit at that! One Gibson that is the Dark Horse of the Gibson lineup. They certainly have a sound of their own....

I really dig the YT vid w/ Joe B putting one through it's paces (high marks for those backup singers as well)

Great post thanks for sharing!

in action shot..

in action shot..

Serious pedalboards and hugh stage

Serious pedalboards and hugh stage
    it was a little PB crazy - kind of amazed me how MANY different pedals pickers have to choose from these day - and generally we're not totally satisfied with any of them