The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 63 of 63

Thread: 2019 Explorer

  1. #41

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    thx, K_L

    Playability is close and fantastic. I mean, mahogany neck, palisander fretboard and same fret size, well, what can u expect? The ´17 and ´19 neck have a little more wood compared to he 2000 LE, but the LE neck is in no way thin.....for my taste.

    Dont want to hijack maplebaby´s thread about his 2019. So, about the 2019: the BB 2/3 sound nice, the guitar growls like it should. Great sustain. I changed the mounting rings for the higher historic version, just b/c i like it when top of the pickups and rings are nearly at a hight. Also installed the Faber inserts + Faber ABR/STP. oh, and historic knobs + pointers

    The 2017 has more power, b/c of the higher output i guess. The 2000 has a little more growl than the others and from what i can see, it has a one piece body

    The amp is indeed the JCM800 studio version. Highly recommended. Love this amp



    great post...thanks for sharing! This pic is killer - love the knobs and the guitar just looks like you want to pick it up quick and play it!

    The Explorer is under the radar for a lot of people and it was for me for a lot of years but i don't think i've been as excited about any guitar i've gotten as much as i am the Explorer. Thanks for sharing some of your story!

  2. #42
    Les Paul Forum Member K_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Thank you for replying & for describing your great looking Explorers--they all look GREAT!! I think the Gibson Explorer is the coolest looking guitar on the planet & fun to play as well! Here`s a video of me playing my original `76--it is a fantastic guitar [although it`s tone has become a little too 'bassy' thru the years]. It has big neck & big tones too! Please excuse the playing--however I am playing thru an original 50w JCM 800 single channel '2204'--great guitar & great amp too!
    https://vimeo.com/349982966

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    thx, K_L

    Playability is close and fantastic. I mean, mahogany neck, palisander fretboard and same fret size, well, what can u expect? The ´17 and ´19 neck have a little more wood compared to he 2000 LE, but the LE neck is in no way thin.....for my taste.

    Dont want to hijack maplebaby´s thread about his 2019. So, about the 2019: the BB 2/3 sound nice, the guitar growls like it should. Great sustain. I changed the mounting rings for the higher historic version, just b/c i like it when top of the pickups and rings are nearly at a hight. Also installed the Faber inserts + Faber ABR/STP. oh, and historic knobs + pointers

    The 2017 has more power, b/c of the higher output i guess. The 2000 has a little more growl than the others and from what i can see, it has a one piece body

    The amp is indeed the JCM800 studio version. Highly recommended. Love this amp




  3. #43
    Les Paul Forum Member K_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Thank you for replying & for telling me about your Explorers--they look great! And I bet they sound great too! Here`s a video w/ me playing my original `76. It`s a great guitar with great tones--and I`m playing thru an original JCM 800 50w '2204' amp--a nice combination! Please excuse the sloppy playing...nothing but garage junk!
    https://vimeo.com/349982966

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    thx, K_L

    Playability is close and fantastic. I mean, mahogany neck, palisander fretboard and same fret size, well, what can u expect? The ´17 and ´19 neck have a little more wood compared to he 2000 LE, but the LE neck is in no way thin.....for my taste.

    Dont want to hijack maplebaby´s thread about his 2019. So, about the 2019: the BB 2/3 sound nice, the guitar growls like it should. Great sustain. I changed the mounting rings for the higher historic version, just b/c i like it when top of the pickups and rings are nearly at a hight. Also installed the Faber inserts + Faber ABR/STP. oh, and historic knobs + pointers

    The 2017 has more power, b/c of the higher output i guess. The 2000 has a little more growl than the others and from what i can see, it has a one piece body

    The amp is indeed the JCM800 studio version. Highly recommended. Love this amp




  4. #44
    Les Paul Forum Member stephan_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    558

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by K_L View Post
    Thank you for replying & for telling me about your Explorers--they look great! And I bet they sound great too! Here`s a video w/ me playing my original `76. It`s a great guitar with great tones--and I`m playing thru an original JCM 800 50w '2204' amp--a nice combination! Please excuse the sloppy playing...nothing but garage junk!
    https://vimeo.com/349982966
    That sounds great. Your neighbours love you? Hope they like good Marshall tone. Very nice

    The Explorer looks so cool and ´58-like. Yesssssssss......

  5. #45

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by K_L View Post
    Thank you for replying & for telling me about your Explorers--they look great! And I bet they sound great too! Here`s a video w/ me playing my original `76. It`s a great guitar with great tones--and I`m playing thru an original JCM 800 50w '2204' amp--a nice combination! Please excuse the sloppy playing...nothing but garage junk!
    https://vimeo.com/349982966
    beautiful guitar & great pic!

  6. #46
    Les Paul Forum Member K_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    That sounds great. Your neighbours love you? Hope they like good Marshall tone. Very nice

    The Explorer looks so cool and ´58-like. Yesssssssss......
    Thank you!! It is a great sounding & playing guitar! Thankfully that video was at my gracious friend`s house as he lets me terrorize his neighbors occasionally! I can`t play that loud in my home/neighborhood ! I love your 3 Explorers as well as everyone else`s that posted pictures of theirs here in this thread--Gibson Explorers are awesome guitars I think!

  7. #47

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by wmachine View Post
    Don't know why there are "dud" Explorers, but I have one too. A 2016 that is dead unplugged, and not a lot better plugged in. Only (newer) Gibson I have of any model that is dead.




    I'm not that upset, as it made me go out and get another one, and I got this rather rare '79 E2. It is a gem!


    That '79 is just gorgeous, nice burst, and the cream pick ups just look so good with the pickguard *drool*

  8. #48

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldTopBunny View Post
    That '79 is just gorgeous, nice burst, and the cream pick ups just look so good with the pickguard *drool*
    you have 2 Explorers - jealous! Agree cream pups look killer

  9. #49

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    add a few more pics..






  10. #50
    Les Paul Forum Member stephan_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    558

    Re: 2019 Explorer


  11. #51

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    a vid of my Explorer - RIP Allen Collins and Co.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMofdmm1S8

  12. #52
    Les Paul Forum Member Strings Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    422

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    a vid of my Explorer - RIP Allen Collins and Co.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMofdmm1S8
    Great job! The Explorer sounds awesome.

    I have to tip my hat to Austin Vitucci on that song too!!

  13. #53

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by Strings Jr. View Post
    Great job! The Explorer sounds awesome.

    I have to tip my hat to Austin Vitucci on that song too!!
    indeed...of course i have to ask how you know Austin?

  14. #54
    Les Paul Forum Member Strings Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    422

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    indeed...of course i have to ask how you know Austin?
    I don't know him personally.

    I've just become a major LLB fan in the last couple of weeks.

  15. #55

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by Strings Jr. View Post
    I don't know him personally.

    I've just become a major LLB fan in the last couple of weeks.
    sure appreciate you checking out the vids!

  16. #56
    In the Zone/Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    4,891

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Everybody needs an Explorer! One thing I do is move the neck strap button to the back, by the heel. I just like the way it hangs that way better. Same thing on Firebirds. Rock on!

  17. #57

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Guess that was a stupid question
    Last edited by Shannon; 11-16-19 at 02:13 PM.

  18. #58

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Guess that was a stupid question

    what was the question?

  19. #59
    Les Paul Forum Member RnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dock of the Bay
    Posts
    827

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Too Kool Maplebaby & a fine looking guit at that! One Gibson that is the Dark Horse of the Gibson lineup. They certainly have a sound of their own....

    I really dig the YT vid w/ Joe B putting one through it's paces (high marks for those backup singers as well)

    ><><><
    RnB

  20. #60

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by RnB View Post
    Too Kool Maplebaby & a fine looking guit at that! One Gibson that is the Dark Horse of the Gibson lineup. They certainly have a sound of their own....

    I really dig the YT vid w/ Joe B putting one through it's paces (high marks for those backup singers as well)

    Great post thanks for sharing!

  21. #61

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    in action shot..


  22. #62
    Les Paul Forum Member stephan_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    558

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    in action shot..

    Serious pedalboards and hugh stage

  23. #63

    Re: 2019 Explorer

    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_l View Post
    Serious pedalboards and hugh stage
    it was a little PB crazy - kind of amazed me how MANY different pedals pickers have to choose from these day - and generally we're not totally satisfied with any of them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i